23 September, 2022

remember my heart...how bright I used to shine

Struck me mid-morning, caused me to shake my head. It's been weeks since my furbaby passed, why am I not over all of this, why am I stuck in place, why am I not processing this and moving forward with new life things...

Then I went back to the entry.

It's been five days.

Goddamn it intensifies

But, day or so back, I had the same feeling, so I decided to crawl back into the saddle and cover the 'Judge' Celestial Hammer from /Vae Victis\. Because I had a completely cracked idea and couldn't get it out of my head.

'The Judge' Celestial Hammer from Vae Victis.

...which instantly failed to work, but then I remembered, I forgot to resize it. There's a resize menu.

'The Judge' Celestial Hammer from Vae Victis.

WAIT PROBLEM.

Okay, plus side: it shrinks down REAL small. It's partially stuck in my hair on the left side (viewer's left), that's how small it goes. Down side: I cannot be Dinkie and show this off. Drat.

'The Judge' Celestial Hammer from Vae Victis.

Time to go in a different direction. This is the hammer, rezzed out as is from the box, no changes.

'The Judge' Celestial Hammer from Vae Victis.

LOOK AT THAT DETAIL. I'm dead serious--this is a shot without shadows employed, and I think only up to Advanced Lighting on Firestorm, because I'd been at a heavy-lag event and had clicked a lot of my usuals off? And it still has that much detail.

'The Judge' Celestial Hammer from Vae Victis.

And here, Constant Reader, is where Em's brain fell out for a bit...but I got it back. This is not as complex as it looks. And again, makes this piece hugely variable to the end buyer.

So, everything's actually more self-explanatory than it looks--the 'screw' image pretty much just tints the screw, the thing I took for an eye at first, second row from the bottom, tints the wings, and the curlicues on the bottom do the ornate fine details. Lets you really play with themes--click down one row, you're done for that color, or mix and match, both work. Some from here, some from there? Knock yourself out, this'll let you do it.

'The Judge' Celestial Hammer from Vae Victis.

A slightly different shot with stronger contrast to show you what the ornate little details really are.

I may throw up some of this run of originals on my Flickr, I may take an entirely new set--the goal was to get a Dinkie-sized hammer, and that was utter failure. But I did learn if I ever really want, I can reduce it to be a hairpin!

Not that I want to do that--this is glorious full-sized, even full-my-sized. Beautiful work, start to finish.

You can acquire this beauty for L$500 at the main store. It comes with a hud of poses, for photographs or just standing, and the hud itself can be turned off and on without detaching, which means you don't even need to lose your AO. This one has all the functionality.

Highly recommended, do go look.

No comments:

I wanna live a vibrant life, but I wanna die a boring death

This is the..."Ham Tree"...at LORE . It's a group gift. Mesmer's love of meat where meat should not be is spreading... ...