02 January, 2013

but you can't always get where you'll go to

Picking up where the last one left off, at Charisma Designs' skirt from the "Chocolate Fantasy" dress:

(from the fashion album; another Advent offering from Charisma Designs)

You can clearly see two of the problem areas on this outfit, including the high lifted panel in the back, and the panel overlapping my right hand in the front. There's actually three panels that are lifted using my shape. And while normally, I can edit the panels (as I mentioned wanting to do with the glittery red dress), this particular skirt is no mod. So there's nothing I can do to correct the panel problems.

(from the fashion album; another Advent offering from Charisma Designs)

So, fine, I gave in. I dug up the Tatiana shape I'd flipped onto Marketplace some months ago, mainly because she was the widest through the hips I could think of.

(from the fashion album; another Advent offering from Charisma Designs)

But not even pouty Tatiana could save this dress.

(from the fashion album; another Advent offering from Charisma Designs)

And just so you know, while this is the Tatiana shape, I set saddle, hips and butt to max:

(from the fashion album; another Advent offering from Charisma Designs)

So yeah...never a shape I'd feel comfortable walking around the grid in, but it was about the best to make the skirt work. So, is it worth it to save? I'll have to look at the individual components later, because this is one where I like the bodice, but loathe the skirt. And mostly, I think, I loathe the skirt because it desperately needs adjusting, and I can't modify it.

(Worn with this: Curious Kitties' Azil skin in Peach [Winter Ice variant, free currently for group members at the main store, or for everyone on the Marketplace]; IM Capped's Soul Windows eyes in Snow Day [Visined]; the 'Holiday Shadow - Blue 2' makeup layer from elymode; and the "Sierra" mesh hair in Brown from Alice Project. All were either seasonal gifts or actual Advent calendar offerings. With the skirt so full, also, I forwent wearing stockings or shoes underneath it.)

No comments:

I wanna live a vibrant life, but I wanna die a boring death

This is the..."Ham Tree"...at LORE . It's a group gift. Mesmer's love of meat where meat should not be is spreading... ...