31 December, 2012

I'm looking out my window at the softly falling snow, that dances in the early morning light

"I might be goth now, but soon I'll evolve into a gear-savvy steampunk fan, and your days are numbered." Hee.

Also, if you ever wanted a limited-edition, really-will-match-anything scarf for the winter, these might be the people to talk to. It's a quirky design and they're only doing a very limited run of each color palette.

I'm still perusing the Advent gifts, and today, I tried the unnamed glitter-red dress from Charisma Designs. No product pic was included, but once unpacked, this is how it looked on:

(from the fashion album; the unnamed glitter-red dress from Charisma Designs)

You can't really make it out in this pose (I'll post others), but I actually like the cut of the bodice. It's not your typical cleavage-and-midriff action, and while I do wish the bodice had an included jacket layer (so it would extend farther down), it's not bad, overall.

(from the fashion album; the unnamed glitter-red dress from Charisma Designs)

The problem lies in the skirt. Now, I will accept full culpability because I do not, as it happens, have submarines strapped to my hips. Were I to track down one of the 'hippier' shapes on the grid, this might fit like a dream. But, I don't, so in that case, this is going to need some serious adjusting.

(from the fashion album; the unnamed glitter-red dress from Charisma Designs)

As is always the dilemma, do I like it enough to put in the work that this outfit's going to need? Because that puts me stuck on a pose stand, adjusting each panel indivdually--and I haven't even checked if it's mod yet in the first place. But that's not the only problem, though. Here's a closer look:

(from the fashion album; the unnamed glitter-red dress from Charisma Designs)

There are only three solutions for an alpha layer this badly done: move the shoes up to cover the gap (in which case I risk floating over some floor/ground surfaces, depending on whether they're sim land or sculpts); find another alpha shoe layer that works better; or wear different shoes entirely. Either way, this alpha layer out of the box cannot be used.

(For this look, I'm wearing Alice Project's "Seohyun" mesh hair (size M, in Christmas White); a pair of red fishnet gloves from a TuTy's freebie on the Marketplace (seemingly no longer available); IM Capped's 'Soul Windows' eyes in Holly Daze (Veined variant); and VoiD's "Winter" skin in Ivory from a past sale, with [mock] Cosmetics' Red Hot Lipstain 1, which was a group freebie this December. Obviously, not all of these were acquired from Advent calendar daily offerings, but most of them were acquired at some point in December [barring the gloves].)

{Oh, and one last note--I've been thinking a lot about something Mr. Au said, and, while I'm extraordinarily wedded to the concept of song lyrics as post titles, I'm wondering if I can't partially change how I do things. Publish posts with keywords, say, then 'rename' them with the snippet in question. We'll see if the idea works on January 1st...or, well, whenever I next post.)

No comments:

hide away, they say, 'cos we don't want your broken parts

Yeah, so...remember that thing I was recovering from? You know, last year ? Yeah. I did it again. So this is Em Faw Down Go Boom part ...