21 April, 2011

somebody once told me the world is gonna roll me

Especially with the release of the (to date) extremely buggy 1.5 code for Minecraft, I realized I have a ton of images I haven't sorted through. So while I work on doll things in the background, and try not to blow up on an hourly basis in Minecraft, I'm going to set up a ton of simple image posts, just to sort through things. Yay for content?

(from the Minecrafting album.)

This was taken during December or early January of this year, when I was still running with Painterly's holiday pack. Redstone torches were configured in this pack to resemble tree angels; circuit torches were candy-cane striped, and both the plain stone and the cobblestone were blue ice.

(from the Minecrafting album.)

There's something kind of thrilling about your first rail ride in Minecraft, and this was mine. I'd never put resources into a rail system in any of my worlds (yeah, I know, odd considering the train interest). With this world, the rail system went on for possibly literal miles--entire days would go by on one circuit of the tracks.

(from the Minecrafting album)

This was a really tall signal tower, so tall it rose above the cloud level. All you can hear up on the top platform is wind.

(from the Minecrafting album)

We went on a tour of the compound--it was quite vast--and night fell before we returned to the innermost chamber. We thought the way back in was clear, and then turned and saw the courtyard. That made getting to the inner door trickier.

(from the Minecrafting album)

And then Fawkes lit himself on fire, trying to light a zombie approaching. Notably, the zombie just stood and watched in undead bemusement. (The zombies in this pack were white Yetis, not green undead in teal t-shirts and jeans.)

(from the Minecrafting album)

This is why you should never carry lava and fight enemies. You burn; your items burn; they burn; their drops burn...It's a volcanic pocket nightmare.

No comments:

I wanna live a vibrant life, but I wanna die a boring death

This is the..."Ham Tree"...at LORE . It's a group gift. Mesmer's love of meat where meat should not be is spreading... ...