25 April, 2011

I don't know about you, I don't know about you

More from Minecraft!

(from the Minecrafting album)


When the update came along that allowed people to make dyeststuphs, I rushed out and harvested as much wool as I could, along with the new black, grey and light grey types of sheep. And I dyed my brains out...before realizing that I didn't have texture support for any colors of dyed wool.

They were all showing up as grey cubes. Along with the grey-cube pumpkins, which I also didn't have texture support for.

(from the Minecrafting album)


So off I go back to Painterly to download a new texture pack. While I'm there, I discover this really pretty (I think) Chinese red cinnabar window/door set. I immediately add it to the pack.

(from the Minecrafting album)


What I completely forget is that now this pack has some summer things, some winter things, and the carved cinnabar windows. And that the lovely little border I put in around the wooden floor was now going to show up as actual colors. Because the packets of dyes I'd made from the flowers I'd gathered had shown up as grey squares, too. I had no idea how many different colors I'd created!

(from the Minecrafting album)


Still, the place looked pretty when the sun was going down.

(from the Minecrafting album)

Another shot I found of Hanks' world. This was pretty much right as I learned that F1 would remove the HUD from the screen for photographs, so some have the HUD setup, and some don't.

This one did.

If you can't make out what it says, it says WELCOME TO HANK'S. In cubes of FIRE.

It was taken from the very top of the glass deck on the observation tower.

(from the Minecrafting album)

I wish I could find more pictures of this world. I rezzed in in the center of a selection of spires, so hollowed one out to live in. This made for a very narrow home, so I had to be pretty creative as to effective space management. Also, this was full-on holiday pack living, so even my glass cubes had frost and snow.

Sadly, so far I've just found the pic of the front door, but doesn't the wreath look festive?

(from the Minecrafting album)

If I remember correctly, I started in Minecraft somewhere between 1.19 and 1.20. I think. But either way, this was a pretty early shot, right after I'd tracked down Painterly and downloaded their first ever texture-for-everything set, for autumn.

While even Minecraft graphics have moved on since then, there was something so classically artistic about the shading on the sand textures. I adored them.

(from the Minecrafting album)

Same thing went for the earth cubes. I used this texture pack for months, literally. I was addicted to having autumn leaves on all the trees. And the leaf-and-grass look of the grass level...it was heavenly. I'm finding my eyes still like the way they look.

No comments:

I wanna live a vibrant life, but I wanna die a boring death

This is the..."Ham Tree"...at LORE . It's a group gift. Mesmer's love of meat where meat should not be is spreading... ...