02 April, 2011

sent me to the streets with the good time girls

The Gems & Kisses store is running a month-long promotion for their customers and for new friends, to celebrate their anniversary. Every day they will release two new items. One will be free--for that day only--and one will be L$99--which, for nicely made jewelry, is still a more than reasonable price. The only codicils? First, you must join their group. Second, which is which alternates from day to day, so one day it will be a platinum piece, the next day it will be a gold piece.

I thought it worth it to join up, at least for that month; if I like them I may stay in the group. But while I was in the store, confusion struck:

[12:23 AM] Vacy [Vacquero Mondalimare]: Hi...
[12:24 AM] Emilly Orr: Hello?


At this point I ported away, because I wanted to check over my sims.

[12:24 AM] Vacy [Vacquero Mondalimare]: did you vanish?
[12:24 AM] Vacy [Vacquero Mondalimare] smiles
[12:24 AM] Emilly Orr: No, I ported off.
[12:24 AM] Emilly Orr: I suppose it could count as vanishing.


Okay, snarky, but I really wasn't trying to be cruel. I do my best to moderate my flamethrowing impulse because I never know when it's a tenant or someone who wants to be.

[12:25 AM] Vacy [Vacquero Mondalimare]: Came [here] on the TEBH hunt, it's the first and all...well, second now...and I love your shop! BUT....I kinda spent a couple of hours searching only to find the object not out. No biggie...I understand it happens and I appreciate the freebie and all. But it was a bit frustrating.
[12:25 AM] Vacy [Vacquero Mondalimare]: Anyway. for what it's worth!
[12:25 AM] Emilly Orr: Confused?
[12:26 AM] Emilly Orr: I'm not in the TEBH hunt.


Now, to be fair, I was offered. But what with the new level of busy, and the mass disinterest of late in continuing my business at all, I didn't do anything with it.

In point of fact, I changed my store, never really got up the new one, and am somewhat confused as to what I should do now. Do I still want to run a business? At all?

[12:26 AM] Vacy [Vacquero Mondalimare]: the Evil Bunny Hunt? You've got the sign and the hunt object on your wall.
[12:26 AM] Emilly Orr: Really?
[12:26 AM] Emilly Orr: Point this out to me.


Because seriously, I have maybe eight items in my store, and I put all of them out, and four of those eight are charity-only items, and none of them are hunt signs. At all.

Trooper that she was, she went off to prove me wrong:

[12:26 AM] Vacy [Vacquero Mondalimare]: OK
[12:27 AM] Vacy [Vacquero Mondalimare]: I'm standing in front....the hunt object is still attached to the sign. I think your hunt item is in it...but...i can't touch it.
[12:27 AM] Emilly Orr: Where are you?
[12:27 AM] Vacy [Vacquero Mondalimare]: You are Gems and Kisses right?
[12:27 AM] Emilly Orr: Nope, I'm Lady Disdain.
[12:27 AM] Vacy [Vacquero Mondalimare]: I'm sorry...my mistake.
[12:27 AM] Emilly Orr: Which is kind of fractured at present, I don't have more than one or two items in the store.
[12:28 AM] Vacy [Vacquero Mondalimare]: Please forgive me.
[12:28 AM] Vacy [Vacquero Mondalimare]: I thought you had a Gems and Kisses tag.


And I was really, really tempted to be cruel here...but again. Self-restraint is a good thing. And she wasn't impolite at all, during this entire interchange.

[12:28 AM] Emilly Orr: The tag said--while I was there--"Gems & Kisses VIP". That just means I'm in the group. :)
[12:28 AM] Vacy [Vacquero Mondalimare]: Oh, of course.
[12:28 AM] Vacy [Vacquero Mondalimare]: My apologies.
[12:28 AM] Emilly Orr: Entirely understandable.
[12:29 AM] Vacy [Vacquero Mondalimare] smiles


What I think happened: I ported in, she was frustrated, she looked up and saw the group tag, and just didn't process it past She says she's Gems & Kisses! Maybe now I can get the hunt item! The gods alone know we've all had that impulse.

[12:29 AM] Vacy [Vacquero Mondalimare]: thanks for letting me off the hook! You have a good night.
[12:29 AM] Emilly Orr: You too! :)


Pulled her profile after this, thinking it over, and it turns out she's smart, articulate, and quirky, so overall, the patch of confusion I had may well be useful. Go you, Vacy! You have a brain! Use it well.

No comments:

hide away, they say, 'cos we don't want your broken parts

Yeah, so...remember that thing I was recovering from? You know, last year ? Yeah. I did it again. So this is Em Faw Down Go Boom part ...