27 April, 2011

and somewhere the plane went down, these things they never stop

More from Minecraft...first, a link to one of the scariest things in the game--people have now invented a way to hold lava aloft. Over their heads. Where there's only occasional chances of setting things on fire.

The hell, people! LAVA is not TRACK LIGHTING, where did you people grow up?!?

*coughs* Anyway. More pictures.

(from the Minecrafting album)

This was the first world I'd ever achieved a reverse tower on--glassed in all the way down, from the surface, clean to the adminium level.

(from the Minecrafting album)

Unfortunately, it was this world.

The crevasse you see was the result of a creeper wave: six creepers dead, two of me. The longer I lived on this land, the deeper that crevasse got. Finally, they blew up me, the house, and part of the substructure, and I gave up on the world.

(from the Minecrafting album)

It's very dependent now on what texture pack is downloaded, but at times I still stand and watch the world spin through day and night. It's still very beautiful at times.

(from the Minecrafting album)

This is also very dependent on what texture pack is downloaded, but at the time, I really liked the mix of cobble and clean stone for diagonal hallways.

(from the Minecrafting album)

It was this same update in which we found Notch had taught spiders to climb. Dear gods, why? WHY did he teach them to climb?!?

(And yes, I still had arctic spiders, even though I'd updated other aspects of the pack. I had Yetis instead of green-faced zombies, too.)

(from the Minecrafting album)

As a rule, I don't normally capture my avatar in the world, mainly because I know she needs a redesign, badly. ButI had to save this series of shots. First, because I doubt I'll ever go back to the paper lantern and wildly colored marble tile mod; but also, because it's a good sense of how I build structures. Earth or sand first; then glass to see outside; THEN I finally mine down far enough to get more than just the stone for a forge.

The yellow patches you see on the left, in the ceiling, were emergency creeper fixes when the roof blew off. I had almost enough earth, but fell short in four spots, and filled those spots with what I had on hand, which happened to be yellow-dyed wool.

I have to admit, in some games I'm a diffident crafter, in others the crafting system completely seizes me. Minecraft is one of those games. I adore playing with dyes and dyeing and making patterned carpets and patterned walls. The trick is to keep myself in dyestuffs...

(from the Minecrafting album)

Finally, part one of Adventures With Spiders. Here, Hank found a spider dungeon spawner nearly at that world's surface. He boxed it in, lit it, and it functioned as Spider TV for a while.

No comments:

hide away, they say, 'cos we don't want your broken parts

Yeah, so...remember that thing I was recovering from? You know, last year ? Yeah. I did it again. So this is Em Faw Down Go Boom part ...