28 October, 2010

here's some legs in a cloud where my sister once played

Sometimes, Gary explained to Elaine, a man just needs to grab one of his books under glass, sit under his antlers, and relax. How true, how true.

funny pictures of cats with captions
see more Lolcats and funny pictures

Zombeh!

Speaking of zombies....When traipsing by Falln last night, I noticed a zombie stuck behind the teleport book in the main cathedral.

[12:05 AM] My Pet Zombie Loves Brains: >>:[
[12:05 AM] My Pet Zombie Loves Brains: Hello there.

[12:05 AM] Emilly Orr: Are you all right?
[12:05 AM] My Pet Zombie Loves Brains: Yes.
[12:06 AM] Emilly Orr: Can you get out?
[12:06 AM] My Pet Zombie Loves Brains: I can ask my botmaster.
[12:06 AM] Isobel Kalchek: lol


Miss Kalchek had come into chat range at that point, and was listening with glee to the interchange.

[12:06 AM] Emilly Orr: Okay then.
[12:06 AM] My Pet Zombie Loves Brains: OK with me too.
[12:06 AM] Emilly Orr: Hey, sometimes you gotta ask.
[12:06 AM] My Pet Zombie Loves Brains: You've got my full attention. Thanks for the information: said I gotta ask.
[12:06 AM] Emilly Orr grins


They've become bizarrely polite, the longer they're on the sim. Homicidal, sure, and obscurely religious, but polite, too.

[12:06 AM] My Pet Zombie Loves Brains: YOU? Did you know that you can download your own chat robot and create your own robot personality?
[12:06 AM] Emilly Orr: I do! I have one!
[12:06 AM] My Pet Zombie Loves Brains: I get it: you do. What kind?
[12:06 AM] Emilly Orr: She's MUCH primmier than you are, though.
[12:06 AM] My Pet Zombie Loves Brains: Oh. MUCH primmier than I am, is she?
[12:06 AM] Emilly Orr: She is. And she doesn't have your personality.
[12:06 AM] My Pet Zombie Loves Brains: That's really good gossip. How do you feel about that?
[12:06 AM] Emilly Orr: I don't know. She keeps saying she hasn't seen me around the parish.
[12:06 AM] My Pet Zombie Loves Brains: Me either. Oh I get it. MUCH primmier than I am keeps saying she has not seen you around the parish.
[12:07 AM] Emilly Orr: No, no, Mrs. Channing says she has not seen me around the parish.
[12:07 AM] My Pet Zombie Loves Brains: Are you serious? Are you serious? Will Mrs Channing says she ever seen you around the parish?
[12:07 AM] Emilly Orr: Wau, you're getting scrambled, there.


Sometimes, the zombies make sense. Sometimes they don't. It's a sad factor of zombie life.

[12:07 AM] My Pet Zombie Loves Brains: Are all Wau me getting scrambled there?
[12:07 AM] Emilly Orr: Probably
[12:07 AM] My Pet Zombie Loves Brains: But you are not certain
[12:07 AM] Emilly Orr: Not always
[12:07 AM] My Pet Zombie Loves Brains: Only sometimes then.
[12:07 AM] Emilly Orr: Yes.
[12:07 AM] My Pet Zombie Loves Brains: Really.
[12:07 AM] Emilly Orr: Really.
[12:07 AM] My Pet Zombie Loves Brains: For real.
[12:07 AM] Emilly Orr peers at the zombie
[12:07 AM] My Pet Zombie Loves Brains: YOU? I like the way you talk.
[12:07 AM] Emilly Orr: Thanks. You're still stuck behind the book.
[12:07 AM] My Pet Zombie Loves Brains: Don't mention it. I will tell my botmaster you said I am stuck behind the book.
[12:08 AM] Emilly Orr: Okay.
[12:08 AM] My Pet Zombie Loves Brains: OK with me too.


And off I went, in the hopes that eventually, Azriel Demain would free him from durance vile, and set him to roam the sims again, looking for brains and conversation.

Every year, SN@TCH, with a bunch of other wonderful creators, throw a haunted event. It's not just a haunted house--once it was a haunted school, once it was a space station--it's far more involved, detailed, and occasionally comes with props. There are puzzles to solve and gifts to acquire, and it gets better every year.

This year is no exception. It's called DIVE, and I originally thought this was going to be a sort of haunted-at-sea adventure, like Ghost Ship. Turns out that "DIVE" relates more to the decrepit nature of a certain hotel...

The premise: you have been hired by a mysterious organization headed by a shadowy doctor with an unknown goals. You have been sent to the Hyperion Hotel with an empty suitcase, to spend an evening researching the events that took place there, long ago.

Hijinks will ensue.

I did take pictures on the run-through, but on second thought, I'm thinking...no. This year you really need to go for yourself. Except for the end, where things sort of trail off into "buh?" territory, there's a bit of murder mystery, a bit of 1408, and definitely a high creep factor. Forget the occasional things that jump out at you, or scream, or just lay there and bleed...the whole experience is worthwhile. Pay attention to the details; they change, and sometimes, change drastically, and in very disturbing ways. And it's worth it to stay until the end, just so you can put all the pieces together.

It will take between one and two hours, all told, but in the end, you'll walk away with a definite admiration for the work involved, and hopefully a shiver or three, dragging a bag of goodies from several makers behind you. These include SN@TCH itself, !Retox!, *Dreams*, *elymode*, Fear & Clothing and Strangelove, [Gauze], Djinn & Tonic and Strangelove, Acid & Mala, Rara Avis, Vanilla C Designs, the Eat Me Bakery & Cupcakery, Nomine, .::ODB::., Moonshine Designs, Tainted Desires, Dahlia Darkstone, -ExTempore-, Fierce Designs, Crimson & Clover (for the little while longer they yet exist, anyway), ,:it's Cake:., [Infamous] Shapes (try as I might, I found no SLUrl for this business, but Kronos Renfold owns it), and Psychotic Neko. They've all done a great job on this.

(Miss Deschanel of SN@TCH would request that, since there is much porting around over three sims, and a potential for high lag, that you de-prim as much as possible, remove heavily scripted items, and turn your draw distance down to ease the potential for slow loading. She recommends you read everything--you never know what might be a necessary clue--instead of just running through looking for free things. Trust me--you want to read everything, and put the pieces together.)

Now, more Meowloween!

funny pictures-two parts jack-o-lantern one part jack-in-the-box one part jacked up on licorice and m&ms
see more Lolcats and funny pictures

And all parts PISSED. OFF.

funny pictures-Trick or Treat! I iz a lol-bulb.
see more Lolcats and funny pictures

"LOLbulb". Hee.

funny pictures of cats with captions
see more Lolcats and funny pictures

This? Was inspired.

funny pictures-He hazd a brane...  but we eeated it.
see more Lolcats and funny pictures

Braiiiins...

...Do pumpkins have brains?

it is I, DrakuLOL!  bring me victims and pets!
see more Lolcats and funny pictures

DracuLOL!

And finally...

funny pictures-basement cat formz a alliance wif moral grey area cat
see more Lolcats and funny pictures

I have to admit, I like the concept of "moral grey area cat". I think a sub-faith of the Church of LOLcat has been born!

Yay, I don't have to see the third Twilight movie now! Wait, I didn't see the first two. Never mind.
"Nobody is worth your tears, and the one who is won't make you cry."
~Ceri Kesten
I don't entirely agree, but I do admit to being challenged by the sentiment. Have I cried over loves before? Yes. Will I again? Likely. Will the ones I love make me cry in future? Probably. Is that a bad thing?

That's the question, isn't it?

No comments:

I wanna live a vibrant life, but I wanna die a boring death

This is the..."Ham Tree"...at LORE . It's a group gift. Mesmer's love of meat where meat should not be is spreading... ...