19 August, 2022

and I can guarantee you'll always wanna cross that line

I wish I knew how this happened...

Guadalupe, my brown-patched angel kitty

Nearest thing I--or the folks at KittyCats--can figure is, I had more than one set of winged angel cats. It doesn't make sense to me, but the most we've been able to parse is I decanted two cats, and Alexei and Moira's daughter, Laila, I kept (she got the white rainbow wings), and then, at some point when I needed to move the cats around from Krakenstorm to Gearhaven prime, and a lot of them got jumbled up--someone must've gotten with Erato, the library cat, because the coloring matches.

At some point I'll trace the bloodlines and figure it out, but in the meantime, today I noticed that the angel kitties are dated 2021. Never noticed that before. And he wasn't born until 2022. So...fun.

(And I still have two unused pairs of wings...finding special cats for those is going to be a job of work...)

ANYWAY, I had intended, first thing in world, to blog about the Hiraeth 'Forest Monarch' antlers at /Vae Victis\'s next event, because I'm running against an event deadline--and, between one thing and another, well, hours went by. Things happened--some good, some mournful, we will not see Ktahdn's like again--but happened they did. I began to panic a little.
Vae Victis' Hiraeth antlers for Abnormality, front and side

Finally, I thought I'd just take some on-the-fly shots of the Hiraeth 'Forest Monarch' antlers at the Ocean Lounge in Gearhaven, because it's where I was at the time.

Vae Victis' Hiraeth 'Forest Monarch' antlers for Abnormality, front

Now, I don't, as a rule, go this completely into one hue, but some of my avatars are very color-dependent, and this one, I thought of pale sands, deer chamois, weather-bleached wooden fencing on beaches...and then I panicked, thinking the horns wouldn't go.

Vae Victis' Hiraeth 'Forest Monarch' antlers for Abnormality, head down

I could not have been more wrong. These can go vibrant or delicate, which amazed me. I'm also wearing the smallest size--but there are four sizes, I believe, in the box.

Vae Victis' Hiraeth 'Forest Monarch' antlers for Abnormality, from the back

These retail for L$450, and feature some of the most beautiful beadwork I've seen in SL.

Vae Victis' Hiraeth 'Forest Monarch' antlers HUD

And I wanted to show off the HUD for this one--again, it's not complicated, but it is very specific. So many variations--light to dark, gleaming metal to color-drenched and dazzling to the sterility of aged bone. I love them.

Hurry if you want to get these at the Abnormality event through August 25th, because they'll be more at the store!

(Or if you'd rather just go directly to Grim's booth, use this, he's on the main grounds circle this time out.)

No comments:

I wanna live a vibrant life, but I wanna die a boring death

This is the..."Ham Tree"...at LORE . It's a group gift. Mesmer's love of meat where meat should not be is spreading... ...