05 January, 2020

change of head, make a stand

I crashed without warning, just standing in place at home--this is becoming distressingly frequent, and will remain so as long as I have my vintage graphics card still--and this is, line for line, what I returned to read:
[12:12] Sxxxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: can someone please send me the LM . thanks
[12:12] mxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: [gave the name of the shop]
[12:12] Sxxxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: thanks a mill
[12:13] Lxxxx Kxxxx: I'm gay
Uh...good for you?
[12:13] Emilly Orr: What.
[12:14] Emilly Orr: Like, it's 2020, it's not a deal, but...why here, [Lxxxx]?
Because it seemed so utterly out of left field.
[12:14] Cxxxxxx Lxxxxxxx: Maybe she's looking for a gay skin....ROFL
[12:15] Emilly Orr: And...what distinguishes a gay skin? Because that's where my brain went too.
[12:16] Cxxxxxx Lxxxxxxx: Ummm, I don't know, I'm not gay.
[12:16] Lxxxx Kxxxx: I'm just gay okay and slightly drunk
[12:16] Emilly Orr: So it wasn't a wrong window?
She never answered. My only conclusion is, she gets strange when she's drunk.

This was in a skin shop's group chat, by the way. While there's no specific taboos on topics, as there is with some of the other groups I'm in, for the most part this group discusses skins, shapes, and mesh bodies, and how they interrelate for the most part. Not sexual politics.

In other news...I have rediscovered the sub-ocean.

sub-ocean1

So, for anyone who doesn't know, "sub-ocean" is an actual geological term, but I use it in the sense that Loading Ready Run introduced me to it--that thin layer of water that lies underneath most game maps. (In many sections of SL, still, the sub-ocean is alarmingly easy to reach--just cam six inches underground, and there it is.)

sub-ocean2

And here I was, at home, in it again. This is a known bug, and not even that uncommon a bug, but personally, I'd stopped seeing it. This was the first time I'd visited the sub-ocean in a good three or four years.

sub-ocean3

What made it worse--or more hysterically funny, because I was both dismayed and giggling insanely off and on--was when my legs started spinning like clock hands. Now I was in the sub-ocean and physics had abandoned me.

sub-ocean4
So, y'know, no big, right? Just hangin' out at home, on the zero point of the sim, drowning in ethereal waters.

With my legs spinning like a Muppet.

"Visit the scenic sub-ocean", indeed.


No comments:

I wanna live a vibrant life, but I wanna die a boring death

This is the..."Ham Tree"...at LORE . It's a group gift. Mesmer's love of meat where meat should not be is spreading... ...