10 December, 2012

I've lost everything you've ever seen

Picking up where we left off with part I, we now return to New Trails, and the "Cris" tight-braid style.
(from the fashion album)

I'm not entirely sure I like the "Cris" style--while it is very tight braidwork, and excellently done, I never find that there's exactly enough hair to end in complete smooth tips.

(from the fashion album)

How'ver, there are stylists out there who can do this (many of whom employ fine-weave tools, like crochet hooks, to 'tease' the hair into tucking in along the ends), so I'm just going to say that's my experience, YMMV.

Either way, it's beautifully done; this is "Cris" shown in Pillarbox Red, and it comes both in a rigged AND unrigged version. (And this is from the Dark Essentials color pack.)

(from the fashion album)

This is "Cris" from the Light Essentials color box, in Caramel--which, visually, I find very close in tone to the Pillarbox Red. This is from the back, of course--

(from the fashion album)

--and this is from the front. These styles also come with a color-corrected hairbase to wear with them for best effect.

(from the fashion album)

This is "Roni" from the Dark Essentials color pack in Cast Iron, and this one feels more 'natural', I suppose, to my eyes, because of the extended, braided tips.

(from the fashion album)

From the back you can see, it's still a very tight-braided look, but that little bit of length just makes it for me.

(from the fashion album)

And this is "Roni" in Pearl, from the Light Essentials color pack. This is the front...

(from the fashion album)

And from the back again. You can find Calvin, Roni and Cris here at Discord Designs; but Butler may have been designed especially for the event, as I couldn't find it in the store. And did I mention Miss Kallisti is making eyes now?

(from the fashion album)

These are her "Spinel" Kitten Eyes, part of the Unnaturals color set; each eye (and she makes human eyes too) is currently a single Linden per pair, or you can get everything in those color sets for five Lindens a pack. (I'm not at all embarrassed to say I bought EVERYTHING.)

(from the fashion album)

(And for the full-length fashion rundown: I'm wearing Nomine's 'Hunger' skin in Rue, with elymode's Holiday eyeshadow in pale red [not available past the 8th] and Halcyon "Olivejuice" eyes [Veined variant] from IM Capped's 'Soul Windows' collection; the "Brooke" dress from Kouse's Sanctum [available throughout December from the December 5th Advent calendar box] with the Fated Boots from Rag Dollz in Ruby [currently on sale on the main floor]; and I'm standing in the Winter section of New Trails for all these shots. The gloves and stockings come from Canimal, which has since closed.)

No comments:

hide away, they say, 'cos we don't want your broken parts

Yeah, so...remember that thing I was recovering from? You know, last year ? Yeah. I did it again. So this is Em Faw Down Go Boom part ...