18 September, 2007

and the days feel like years when I'm alone

[23:56] Stiv Kaczmarek: EMILLY
[23:56] Stiv Kaczmarek: I RETURN
[23:57] Emilly Orr: Today is the day of remembrance then!
[23:58] Emilly Orr: Actually, you haven't been here?


Well, good to hear God's still wandering about. I guess.

It is ever difficult to maintain religious faith when God...can be such a jerk at times.

Anyway...

Scattered notes from a life. The premiere librarian of Caledon is teaching an immersive learning course. More on immersive learning. It sounds fascinating.

In my wanderings yesterday I found someone sleepy.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Normally I don't bother capturing images of the narcosleepy on the grid, but...this fellow was head-to-toe black leather, with buckles and brightwork and bats swinging around him, waiting for him to wake up and move.

Had to be done. Had to be.

And I went to an event yesterday in Activ8. Now don't get me wrong. I like Activ8. They make me turn off my radar, but the people are fun, the music is generally good, the contests are innovative. I'm friends with some of the regulars, and the build is not bad.

Plus, it gives me opportunities to do things like this:



The problem? Well, last night's cross-dressing event (which was fun, don't get me wrong) was also attended by Nesquikbunny Aya. Nesquikbunny is a paid corporate shill. For, as you might imagine, Nesquik. I know everyone's gotta make a living, it's a cold grid for those who don't, but....it got really, really old, the invites to the Nesquik group, the announcements to IM the bunny for your 'favorite flavor' of Nesquik...

Is this the future of the grid? Maybe it's just me, but it was kind of unnerving.

In the meantime, work at the gallery continues unabated. When I next hit the grid I've already got nine things to do. I started out thinking that my artist was overpaying me by an insane amount, but...I'm going to earn every Linden, I'm thinking now. This is managing the Enigma, being a sim manager oh so long ago for Steelhead, on steroids.

I think I'm up to the task. By the end of this month I'll know for sure. In the meantime, I'm busybusybusy, getting used to being busybusybusy again. I haven't felt like this since the Enigma closed, frankly.

I may like it.

At the least, it's helping me process through life upheaval, and...that's all to the good.

Next up: further exploration of the Grim Orphanage...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Something is definitely afoot.

Coming up: The food night dance at Kokopelli Square in Steelhead, this Friday. Seven to nine pm (SLT), Sir Edward might be DJing? I can't recall. I'm hosting. Do come if you can. I can virtually guarantee the appearance of some, if not all, of the Aqua Teen Hunger Force. I myself have decided--due to Baron Wulfenbach's generous donation to my avatar coffers--to come as the Red (Death) Jell-O.

Wonder if I'm cherry or strawberry flavored...?

4 comments:

Baron K. Wulfenbach said...

I believe the makers claim it's watermelon, but you can be any flavour you'd like, fraulein.

Emilly Orr said...

You know, I used to believe that? And my first gelatinous form was undeniably lemon.

But then I attained the blue, and people told me I was alcoholic! Which I'd never even thought to imitate.

So who knows?

turnerBroadcasting said...

That bunny used to wear a strawberry on his head.
I don't trust him. He's
looking at me.

I think he's just part timing this
modelling strawberry flavored milk
job, and in reality he is a real estate lawyer.

Emilly Orr said...

You could very well be right.

*stares at the bunny mistrustfully*

hide away, they say, 'cos we don't want your broken parts

Yeah, so...remember that thing I was recovering from? You know, last year ? Yeah. I did it again. So this is Em Faw Down Go Boom part ...