09 April, 2020

you've got so many dreams that you don't know where to put 'em, so you'd better turn a few of 'em loose

Another translation effort. This one was out of the blue.
[13:25] exxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: ömür için ediyorum zaten
That's Turkish, approximately "I am for life").
[13:25] exxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: squinting-face-grin-emojo
[13:25] exxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: dağılsın
Which means "break up").
[13:25] exxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: dikkatin
Which means "the attention">. Just to explain a bit--this is normally a group that deals with mesh body and head support. While there's some casual chatter, it usually relates to shopping events, head settings in general, that kind of thing.
[13:25] exxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: slight-smile-emoji
[13:25] hxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: working on it now sarcastic-winky-face
Ms. H's response was to what happened (in English) directly before Ms. E began speaking.
[13:25] mxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: :) oh ok thanks!
Which was Mm. M's response to Ms. H.
[13:26] exxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: [cx] hanginiz oynuyor?
WHich means "[cx] which of you are playing".
[13:26] exxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: slight-smile-emoji
[13:26] Oxxxx Sxxxxxxx: you ok [Exxxx]?
[13:27] exxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: yes ıam okey
[13:28] Oxxxx Sxxxxxxx: good slight-smile-emoji
As I said, wasn't a huge aberration, just an oddity.

On Tor Book's site, of all things, I found "The Glass Magician Playlist". It seems largely a mix of dieselpunk and electroswing pieces, but I still think there might be a few things of interest to the steampunk set.

Also:
[11:04] Mxxxxxxx Wxxxxxxxxx: "Lol we’re a bunch of paycheck to paycheck employees living in apartments owned by paycheck to paycheck landlords and working for paycheck to paycheck corporations. Lmao whole economy full of broke bitches. Whose idea was this?!?"
[11:04] Mxxxxxxx Wxxxxxxxxx: what an on point statement
[11:04] Emilly Orr: Sadly true. Relevant and accurate.
Have I linked this yet? Because those are some amazing baked goods.

And finally, something about mesh I never realized: it's height-dependent. Now, the real weirdness is, I never had a problem wearing various layers with the old build of Maitreya, but with the new one? I get texture flicker constantly.

But, on the other side of that, after reading this I realized I spend a large amount of time in various skyboxes. Work, home, half the stores I consistently shop at--they're all skybound. So maybe she has a point.

It doesn't make me any more favorable to BOM as a concept, but at least there may be options.

And the last thing for this entry: I've reformatted the charity sidebar to take into account COVID-19 relief efforts. So now, everything listed there, whether it's related to the virus or not, either had high marks on Charity Navigator or are organizations I've vetted or worked with in the past. (This is not meaning to say that I'm an authority on anything, by all means investigate them yourselves; I'm just pointing out that none of these seem to be obvious scams.)

No comments:

I wanna live a vibrant life, but I wanna die a boring death

This is the..."Ham Tree"...at LORE . It's a group gift. Mesmer's love of meat where meat should not be is spreading... ...