16 October, 2022

well, what the hell, it's just as well I'm here at home

I had completely forgotten I'd put the Creepy Doll out at Drear Fen after Fantasy Faire last year...

The dolls of Drear Fen.

Silly me...Anyway...enough on my haunt, purplemoon opened a haunted forest!

(Those appear to be the same SLUrl, but I swear, I pulled one from the official landmark I have, and the other from standing at the port-in point...

The start of Purplemoon's haunted forest.

This is a lovely little piece. Mesh Entity makes it; you can easily find it on the Marketplace for L$150.

Inside the Horror Circus's performance tent.

The circus has definitely seen better days...

Oh look, it's a lurkur. Y a y .

Poulet, you had me until the cabin, and the floating model from Silent Hill: Homecoming. Game rips everywhere, and nary a haunt to enjoy...

So look: if you don't care, this is lovely. She's put a lot of love and care into this, and I'm harsh on seeing game rips. Most people don't bother. if you're one of those, you may have fun roaming the parcel.

If you're like me, well...this is where I walk. Two out of five skulls for atmosphere alone.

Okay, how about the Spooky Season Pop-Up Event? Sounds inoffensive...

The Spooky Season Pop-Up Event--and apparently, Market.

Seems to be largely a market for kid avatar costumes. But it's okay, I can work with this.

The Spooky Season Pop-Up Event.

At least they have decent...uh...punch, yes, that's it, punch...to drink...

So let's talk the "Baphomet" Lapel Chain and Signet Ring from /Vae Victis\. Welcome to the first accessory that was actually something of a pain to adjust, and while I know why--I am, err, rather bustier than Grim or Mesmer Macabre--I was still gritting my teeth a little. This, like the fabulous shoulder pauldron set, is on the finicky side to get exactly right, and for me, breast physics mean I don't just move slightly forward and slightly back, breathing, but I also...well. Jiggle, a bit?

The 'Baphomet' Signet Ring and Lapel Chain from Vae Victis.

So this is going to be a still photograph piece.

The 'Baphomet' Signet Ring and Lapel Chain from Vae Victis, close up version.

Still, it's a lovely set. It even has a blood-spattered version, and maybe it's just me, but in the sunset light on this sim, it looks like there's a teensy skull swimming in red liquid in the gem of the ring...

The expected detailed HUD finishes this off; one section for metal, one for the head, one for the gem the head holds, and one section for the wee little diamante stones set around the band. Very elegant.

But I'm a bit confused--I thought it was at the LEVEL event from October 1st on--did it close already? As far as I can tell on the other side of the barrier walls, the merchandise still seems to be live. From where I'm standing, /Vae Victis is the fourth booth in on the left. and this set retails for L$425. Get it if you can?

No comments:

I wanna live a vibrant life, but I wanna die a boring death

This is the..."Ham Tree"...at LORE . It's a group gift. Mesmer's love of meat where meat should not be is spreading... ...