12 October, 2022

close your eyes or just try to look away

I was wandering on the Quest Fur Cover hunt, then I started wandering on the Furry Fashion sim's crystal ball hunt, where little glowing amethyst crystal balls are scattered over the entirety of the sim, and then I found myself at a haunted house. Okay, let's go.

The Furry Fantasy haunted house

I have no idea how to get to the haunt, mind--I'm including a picture of the exterior and a direct SLUrl, but the region has a default port point, so...do your best?

Humanoid skeletons inside the haunt

Am I the only one who finds it a tad ironic that the furry sim's haunted house only seems to have skeletons and pictures of humanoids?



Welp, ya got poltergeists. Gonna haveta bless 'em outta here...

Unfortunately, the poltergeist action apparently grabs you, because after I captured the above vid, I couldn't get away from that corner of the room. I forced myself to leave the room--and then was immediately pulled back into the nearest corner of the hallway TO the kitchen. I ported off the sim--and was pulled to the corner edge of the parcel, flying in midair, pointing towards the sim the house was on.

I finally had to go to a sandbox, clear all three caches--while fighting my way back to the sandbox each time because it kept trying to pull me off the sim--and then log out, and log back in again, and stand there while 280K+ items load in.

Gosh, a more paranoid person would say, this was griefing. Me, I'm going to say, sorry, you had your chance, zero out of five skulls. I'm not going back.

Front of Haunted Acres.

So let's see about another haunt. How about Haunted Acres?

Ah, okay, sign says we're going to need a "vehichle". Got it.

And then...I was teleported home. Huh?

The rezzer, it does not function.

It's not rezzing the ride car. Fine. I can't even rate whether this one was good or not, because it doesn't WORK.

Moving on! Let's try a landmark I got from the Shop n' Hop, for the Spook Ride.

Spook Ride, 2022.

Which I have ridden before, but this year, actually at the designer's parcel. It's a short jaunt, but after the first two, definitely a palate cleanser. And if I ever do set up a full dark ride--this would be the one I'm buying.

Spook Ride, 2022.

Four out of five skulls, one knocked off solely due to the game rips seen inside. Still, pretty good overall. And right now--apparently on this parcel, and at their booth in Shop 'n Hop--they're running discounts on the full ride set. Kind of a steal, frankly.

No comments:

I wanna live a vibrant life, but I wanna die a boring death

This is the..."Ham Tree"...at LORE . It's a group gift. Mesmer's love of meat where meat should not be is spreading... ...