19 October, 2022

and when I harmonize, I always harmonize in thirds

First off, Nightshade has now opened, so the "Deathless Sovereign" Gorget and Pauldrons set I covered earlier can now be purchased, starting October 20th! It runs L$444 for the full thing, which is actually a steal, because there's four pieces.
The 'Praestes' Half-Moon glasses from Vae Victis.

But today, I wanted to take a quick few shots, before the night goes sideways (because, well, it's been going that way with surprising regularity, day 21 of the killer headache, w h e e)...of the newest offering from /Vae Victis\. That being, the "Praestes" Half-Moon glasses:

So, right out of the box they need adjusting, and right out of the box, I know adjusting them will be easy.

The 'Praestes' Half-Moon glasses from Vae Victis.

And I'm right--I did a bit of extra fiddling, because if I have long hair, I don't care if the back chain floats under it, but with an updo, I want at least the suggestion of reality? So the least you need to do is just pull them into edit and push them back on the nose; me, I did that, then tilted it slightly to the back, and dropped them to compensate in the front. And ta-da, enough for my brain to say "Yes, I am wearing these glasses". (I know, I'm weird. It has been said.)

The 'Praestes' Half-Moon glasses from Vae Victis, and the discovery of the light pool effect.

The first tint change was to match the current outfit, wherein I picked up something very neat: one of the things I'm wearing over my eyes actually seems to create a light pool within the lenses! (I'd give you the who and where, but it seems Autumn Scientist has changed from [MD] to Autumn Splendor--so she may still have the "[MD] Infected Eyes" and their "[MD] Swirling Energy" attachment, but...I picked them up on a hunt in 2017? Still, worth a thought if you want to check.)

(Oh, and the other eye, on the right, is from AzDesign, and are the "Gore Albino Human No. 3" mesh eyes.)

The 'Praestes' Half-Moon glasses from Vae Victis.

Yes, your Editrix DID forget to click off the showing HUD box in the photo tools, why do you ask? Argh. So I decided I needed a bit of break before I posted this, and swung by Arkivet on the Fallen Gods pearl hunt, and discovered something amazing:

The Holy Writ of Greg

Greg has his own holy book!

Anyway, I'll toss the few pics I think are decent enough up on Flickr, because really, that little back garden just off from Arkivet is perfect for contemplative half-moon glasses shots...and tell you that these will be offered at the next round of the Warehouse Sale, which I think opens on October 23rd? Either way, I'll update this with the release price when I know!

No comments:

I wanna live a vibrant life, but I wanna die a boring death

This is the..."Ham Tree"...at LORE . It's a group gift. Mesmer's love of meat where meat should not be is spreading... ...