17 October, 2022

I'm breakable, unbreakable

I'm very low energy tonight, but I did want to take a haunt in. I went to Kekuli Bay earlier, and decided nope, the texture flickr on the whole of the ground is so savagely jarring I developed more of a headache, and that's just no good. So, the next one that perked interest was Doom's.

Yep, that's one big spider.

The first warning is for the arachnophobes: There are jumping spiders in this haunt. Like, dog-size jumping spiders. That, not to put too fine a point on it, jump at your face. (As in, the screen--not your avatar, this haunt is going after you.) It's a little jarring even for non-arachnophobes, so steer clear of this one if you aren't big on crawly things.

Let it burn, let it burn...

The burning church was novel, and really well done.

Oh, hello there, blue sky.

And this is the first time I realized it's pretty much just a three-sided box--and since I was still set on midday, it was kind of a switch between dark gloomy darkness and bright seaside blue?

Then there was the "Hallway of Torment".

Wait, that portrait has my face--

Interesting conceit here--the picture frame closest to the avatar shows their avatar's current profile pic. It is slightly unnerving, I'll give them that.

FIRE!

Found the exit point to the next area, and unsurprisingly, lots of fire. Surprisingly, also lots of game rips. Argh.

Silent Hill game rips.

Like these, the hanging triptych from Silent Hill.

But finally, I found the exit to the next area and ran into the sim owners in an...uh...intimate moment, let's say...so...I left.

For the game rips, I'd give them two skulls, but that profile picture trick was neat, so I'm upgrading to three. Don't know if I'll stop back by again, though, so...they may stay at three.

No comments:

I wanna live a vibrant life, but I wanna die a boring death

This is the..."Ham Tree"...at LORE . It's a group gift. Mesmer's love of meat where meat should not be is spreading... ...