18 October, 2022

I'm shakeable, unshakeable

Ran into a term I may have to adopt due to random profile reading:
"'Kintsukuroi' describes me. Once broken, yet uniquely perfect to those who matter."
I really like that. The term I'd known before was 'kintsugi', which roughly translates to 'golden seams', but 'kintsukuroi' describes what's been done: 'golden repair'.

Tonight, the head is splitting, all volume levels are low, but--I'm still feeling behind on haunt coverage, so...I went to Pinewinds.

Which is an Adult sim.

Oh, goody, designed to be called a child. Greaaat.

And I went looking like this, so...I may be bounced from the sim.

Pumpkin shadows.

Honestly, I thought at first this was just an artifact of shadowing, from the flames, but--no, those are pumpkins set into black grass, and the effect is really neat.

(You can also get the bonfire from SoulStar Creations for L$219.)

Pumpkin tableau.

Speaking of pumpkins...

The interior of the actual haunted house isn't bad either, but there's one repeated Tiny voice saying "Trick or treat, my pretty-pretty" that is making me want to stab my ears.

Oh, hello there.

This amused me. If you know, you know.

I finally had to mute sounds to get through the rest of the house, though, because that one repeating phrase lasts four seconds, and repeats every six seconds, CONTINUOUSLY, and...I just couldn't take it. Not tonight.

Watch that first step.

I fell down.

So, this is pretty average, overall. There are places to enjoy each other, and that's always fun at a haunt. And it brings a good atmosphere of the holiday. It just doesn't do anything...new, and that's always sad.

If I hadn't walked into it sensitive to noise? Might've been a three, so...I'm gonna leave it there. It's okay. Doesn't knock anything out of the park.

No comments:

I wanna live a vibrant life, but I wanna die a boring death

This is the..."Ham Tree"...at LORE . It's a group gift. Mesmer's love of meat where meat should not be is spreading... ...