15 October, 2022

she's got her hair and her shoes all tied up in a noose

Today I was planning on covering the "Deathless Sovereign" Gorget and Pauldrons set from /Vae Victis\, but...it's going to be a twofer, because I wanted something on the head to balance the pauldrons? So first, the "Hierophant" Adorned Demon Horns from /Vae Victis\ by themselves:

The 'Hierophant' Adorned Demon horns from Vae Victis.

I've tinted the horns in white, the metal insets in the muted heather purple (the first diamond on the metal section on the HUD), and the chain and gems in emerald.

Unfortunately, while searching for the castle ruins purportedly in Escapades, that I wanted to take the rest of the shoot in, I managed to miss the castle entirely. Walked clear around the entire island. Bizarre. But I did find something else...

Jimmy Branagh's memorial stone on Escapades.

Tucked along an extending branch, stones with glowing glyphs. And one of them was the memorial for Jimmy Branagh. He is indeed missed.

But, that doesn't help me find the castle. So, off we go to Castle Quiraing! Where...

...the front door is locked??

FINE I'LL FLY THERE. As medieval ladies do...

The 'Deathless Sovereign' set from Vae Victis.

So, with this, I was trying to match the colors of the dress, hence, they're a little on the garish side. But then, I looked at the positions. Do try a demo before flinging Lindens at this one--because some of my 'standard' daily animations REALLY threw these for a loop. It helps that the brooch, and the pauldrons, are unrigged, so they can be adjusted independently of the gorget, and even though I'm wearing the Female size option, I can virtually guarantee you it's not designed for the smol.

The 'Deathless Sovereign' set from Vae Victis, close-up for detail.

That being said, though, they are stunning together.

The 'Deathless Sovereign' set from Vae Victis.

Since my head wanted a specific look, I'm not showing off all the tinting options, but when you see the HUDs below, in the last shot, you'll know why. A truly dizzying array of options. So many variations. The last pose I chose here seemed to be tailor-made for a floaty thing, so I attached one--that being the 'Spina' phylactery from "The Collector" set (also, as it happens, from /Vae Victis\.)

The 'Deathless Sovereign' set from Vae Victis

All in all, I personally likely won't use the pauldrons for daily wear, because while they're beautiful, they're also very finicky if your AO moves your avatar a lot. (Which, let's be fair, mine does.) But for photographs? Amazing impact, absolutely. (And I'm definitely glad I pulled the horns as well--originally, I'd pondered them at the first event they were at, but decided they'd be too "heavy" for my head. I am very glad to be proven wrong.)

The 'Hierophant' Adorned Demon horns and the'Deathless Sovereign' HUDS from Vae Victis.

They show a little squinched here, because I was trying to fit all three in one shot? They're bigger in person. But from left to right, the HUDS you're looking at are: the /Vae Victis\ - "Hierophant" HUD (for the horns), the /Vae Victis\ - "Deathless Sovereign" - Shoulders Recolour HUD, the /Vae Victis\ - "Deathless Sovereign" - Gorget Recolour HUD, and the /Vae Victis\ - "Deathless Sovereign" - Brooch Recolour HUD.

As expected with VaeV designs, even the HUDs are ornamented, and the colors wildly varied, from the palest of pales to midnight-in-a-cave blacks.

You can find this at the Nightshade event, opening October 20th, and it'll run you L$444 for four gorgeous pieces in the set. See you there!

No comments:

I wanna live a vibrant life, but I wanna die a boring death

This is the..."Ham Tree"...at LORE . It's a group gift. Mesmer's love of meat where meat should not be is spreading... ...