30 June, 2021

weave a story so I don't have to talk, no

This happened earlier on June 28th:
[09:14] axxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: I am at the first primi in Sl if someone wants a tp or LM
[09:14] Ixxxxx Rxxxxxxx: You're where?
[09:14] Cxxxxxxxxx Cxxxxxxx: first prim? Isn't the oldest object something by Stellar Sunshine?
[09:15] axxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: Philip made this prim
[09:15] axxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: Boardman (156,199,24)
[09:16] axxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: AApril 29, 2002
oldest-prim1
So I went to see.
[09:16] Mxxxxxxxx Dxxxxxxxx: Well he's older than that prim, and he's older than me
[09:17] Sxxxxxxx Fxxxxxxx: older than the first prim ever created in SL?
[09:17] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr): So, considering SL was released in alpha in 2004, this is very interesting.
[09:17] txxxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: he cant be older than this prim
[09:17] Mxxxxxxxx Dxxxxxxxx: Well in RL I thinks
[09:17] axxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: yeah
[09:17] Cxxxxxxxxx Cxxxxxxx: ah pre-release
[09:17] Mxxxxxxxx Dxxxxxxxx: It was a bit of double-edged sarcasm
[09:17] FSxxxxxxx Fxxxxxxx: was he part of SL when it was still called "Linden World"
[09:18] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr): A-ha
oldest-prim2

History is important. I dimly remember Linden World; I think Another World, the first virtual-world system I played in, was a knock-off, actually. Or it was the other way around, but I truly think Another World came after.

{{Insert from the Editrix: I'm wrong--they may have been congruent design paths, so I don't feel Linden World 'stole' anything in any sense, but what I've remembered for years as Another World was actually just Worlds, and it launched as part of the Blair Witch 2 promotional event in October of 2000.}}
[09:19] txxxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: so, why green
[09:20] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr): Why not?
[09:21] txxxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: a basic cube :)
Interesting.

Though I was also amused I was the tallest person there.

And the final SLRFL totals came in, and they're...beyond phenomenal, this year.

No comments:

I wanna live a vibrant life, but I wanna die a boring death

This is the..."Ham Tree"...at LORE . It's a group gift. Mesmer's love of meat where meat should not be is spreading... ...