27 June, 2021

separate me from the rest of the herd so I can run away from all of my hurt, oh (part 8)

I agree with a friend of mine--she linked this to me and said "Damn, the Lindens really knocked it out of the park on this one." And I agree, but--wau, are people going to be disappointed if they log in to SL expecting everything to look so gorgeously pre-rendered.

Still, very glad to see the representation of steampunk, furs and non-white residents. It helps in that 0.00001% way.

And someone made a shirt documenting the predations of Kevin--and at least one way to make the scammer pay... (NSFW, likely, by implication if nothing else.)

Back to Hair Fair. This is the last part, my heart's gone out of it for some reason.

So let's start in on the two styles from Fantavatar and Oblivion.

fantavatar1

This is the "Costanza D'Altavilla". I didn't change the color, but even leaving it alone, straight out of the box, it's lovely. There's a little fixed cap on the back of the hair, not shown, but it can be changed to a variety of shades.

fantavatar2

This is the "Giulia Farnese". Again, straight out of the box, but wonderful shine and curls. (I actually went and picked this one up.)

You can find Fantavatar and Oblivion on the Blonde sim.

analog1

Next up is Analog Dog. And their first style, "asha", which I'm showing in shade $9 from the "dark reds" HUD.

analog2

And this is "kilee", which I'm showing in shade #27 from the "splash" HUD. (And since I couldn't find the original picture, you get a picture of the hairstyle once I bought it, direct from the Montara sandbox.)

You can find Analog Dog on the Noirette region.

astralia1

Next up, Astralia, and "Coralia", which I'm showing in the third color on the roots side of the "Light" section of the color HUD.

astralia2

And this is "Remi", with attached hat. I really like the hat. Didn't change the hat color, but changed the hair to the third color down on the "Darks" side of the color HUD.

You can find Astralia on the Brunette sim.


one-c1

Lastly, ONE Creations, and their first style, "Dreadlocks Bun" (which I'm wearing in V1 small), in the shade Red 3. It takes a specific type of person to pull of white-girl dreads successfully; I am usually not that person. But I always admire the hair designers who get dreads right.

one-c2

Next, the "Short TopLocs" (which again, V1 small), in the shade Brown 2.

one-c3

Lastly, the "ShortLocks" (which I'm wearing in V2 small), in the shade Blonde 1.

You can find ONE Creations on Noirette.

And that's the last I'm covering for the year. Too much else going on. And there may be just too much going on these days to cover every single style from now on. Still, it was an attractive build, easy to navigate, easy to track down the booths I wanted to check, at least; the sim transitions were only slightly iffy, which considering the lag and the amount of avatars at any given point for large events says something; so overall it was a good year for Hair Fair.

No comments:

I wanna live a vibrant life, but I wanna die a boring death

This is the..."Ham Tree"...at LORE . It's a group gift. Mesmer's love of meat where meat should not be is spreading... ...