12 April, 2009

the motive is total control, the motive is

I don't know about you, but these are damned cool. And they work.

So, feeling oddly of late, I decided maybe the time had arrived for me to go exploring again. I heard tell of a sim called China that specialized in "plumbingpunk". Whatever that is.

Photobucket

So I went. And the first place I ported in was underwater and full of rats. I swam towards shore.

Photobucket

I dragged myself onto shore, swishing my tail, flaring my whiskers, unhappy to be salted and soaked, and found myself eye to eye with--a giant walking eye!

Photobucket

I couldn't stop staring at this for several minutes. It moves. I don't know what the hell it is, either.

Photobucket

Down by the shore I found another sign, held by an arm sticking at an angle from a large pipe. It said the terrain was dangerous, and please take a helmet. The helmet was loud, spat grey-black smoke, and smelled of rust and kerosene.

I wandered in it, wondering what I was protecting my head from, until I found the barbecue. Avoid the barbecue.

Photobucket

They have a souvenir shop, for all it's a little unsteady to get to. They mentioned something on the signpost in about bogon flux; I can't say I entirely understand, but the machinima on that page is amazing, and it's obvious some of the remnants here are from that earlier build in Hambone.

Out at sea, a boat was burning. It took me a bit to figure out how to get to the boat, and longer still to figure out how to get on it.

Photobucket

Then I stood there for a long moment, trying to figure out why I was now on a burning boat.

Photobucket

Bits of the boat are solid, bits aren't. Bits of the boat burn, bits don't. There are televisions displaying strange images from the past, or from unknown futures, and words that hang in midair I never really did make out. The water is cool, yet the fire burns there, too.

Photobucket

This is an AFK table.

Photobucket

Now the table's not in service.

Photobucket

Obama Tse Tung.

Photobucket

At the beginning of the next sim (all owned by one art collective? Not owned by the same collective? All open? It wasn't precisely clear), I found this notecard in a clickable object:

welcome to hipic group sim!

欢迎来到吞图岛!

Hipic is an independent artistic project centered on pictures.
Hipic is a diffusion system connected to all kind of screen-related media.
Hipic unceasingly diplays users' pictures all around the RL and SL world in synchronization.
One minute one picture! 1440 pictures every day!
The pictures show in Hipic never repeat, never stop!

hipic system in English:
http://www.hipic.org/en/Hipic.aspx
Sign in and send your pictures:
http://www.hipic.org/en/Upload.aspx


Okay.

Photobucket

There's so much left to explore here. I have to find time to go back. There are things for sale, things that are free, clickable things, readable things. There are places to sit and an endless array of fantastic vistas in which to snap photographs.

All in all? Well worth the time you'll spend wandering.

Photobucket

The water is...oddly iridescent. Is this going to mutate me again?

Just inside Weird Designs (this will drop you off a bit beyond the front door, walk up to it), there seems to still be a dollarbie bloody babydoll dress, with a dollarbie stitched, blooded skin, in celebration of the creatrix' rez day. Yay?

And the X-Blades review is one of the funniest game reviews I've heard in my life. Go. Watch. Enjoy.

No comments:

I wanna live a vibrant life, but I wanna die a boring death

This is the..."Ham Tree"...at LORE . It's a group gift. Mesmer's love of meat where meat should not be is spreading... ...