02 November, 2020

lose the halo, don't need to resist

Today, I wandered Seaclaid in my spare time. It was the first sim mentioned under Destinations that wasn't snowed in or already decorated for the holidays. It's only the first of November, I am not ready for the holidays.

seaclaid1
[20:55] Dxxxxx Axxxxx: You're back
Who's back? I couldn't see the speaker. Maybe they were up on the bridge?

I wandered down the cobblestones to get a closer look.

seaclaid3

I looked around, but didn't see anyone, so continued wandering. I will give it to whomever designed this sim, it is pretty.

seaclaid2

This build does get around. In fact, I just discovered that the Duke traipsed by Death Row Designs and picked the magic shoppe pack up. And he's thinking of going back for the voodoo shop.

Which I suppose makes sense--we did like the voodoo shop we were renting, we just couldn't stay there. So why not bring there to us?

seaclaid4
[20:56] Dxxxxx Axxxxx: Welcome
[20:57] Dxxxxx Axxxxx: Feel free to explore
I mean, thanks? But I still didn't see the speaker. Where were they??

The blurb for the sim said they were a roleplay sim, but...for what? I couldn't even figure out the specific era from the layout, because most of the builds could fit in between 1890 and 1960. That's kind of a huge gap. And then there was the greeter--did I just walk past them? Or did they have a PA system? It was confusing.

seaclaid5

The church was a wee bit oversized. It's closer to an old-style cathedral than a small village chapel, which again confuses--what roleplay involves twentieth-century architecture, fishing boats, bubble-blowing crabs and Louisiana wrought iron?

seaclaid7

Another DRD build, I believe one of the rares from one of the haunted mansion gachas, but beautifully textured, and it fit so well with the mix of overgrown roses and pines leading down to the shore. If nothing else, bring your camera and your favorite poses, becuase it's chock full of photographic locations.

seaclaid6

At least they have coffee?

No comments:

I wanna live a vibrant life, but I wanna die a boring death

This is the..."Ham Tree"...at LORE . It's a group gift. Mesmer's love of meat where meat should not be is spreading... ...