10 November, 2020

say goodbye, it'll make me wanna kiss you

So, Violet Scrivener is picking up a lot of interesting gigs in some very interesting places. One of those was one I hadn't managed to make yet, last Sunday, but I finally had time, so...I went to J and R's Ballroom.

aruba1

First of all, the place is stunning. I mean seriously stunning--all gilded columns, Art Nouveau paintings, Art Deco glasswork and marbled floors. Really well done.

aruba2

This is the bar, just to the right of the entrance, around the curve of the dome.

aruba3

The other side of the dome, with the dance balls, the cloud to click for animesh dance partners, and the tip jar (the gold rotating clef).

aruba4

I do want to make it clear that I did not dress for the venue, because this was the first time I'd been here. But I dressed in teal to go dancing, and the ballroom was dressed in teal to meet me. Wild.

aruba5

The Art Deco chandelier, or light fixture, or whatever it's formally called, at the top of the dome.

aruba6

A painted marble urn stuffed with peacock feathers. Lovely.

aruba7

In fact, the only downside (barring the fact that whomever picked out their dances needs to update to this century, because they're all vintage, and most seem like they were put together before mocap technology)? That the slow rezzing issues that seem grid-wide currently result in some very...odd...visual disturbances.

Case in point, the wonderful fellow who danced with me at the ball. Charming gentleman, agile on the dance floor...never stopped nomming his brain. Disquieting, but not a deal-breaker.

I do intend to go back, though. Dorky dances and all. It's a fun place.

No comments:

I wanna live a vibrant life, but I wanna die a boring death

This is the..."Ham Tree"...at LORE . It's a group gift. Mesmer's love of meat where meat should not be is spreading... ...