08 November, 2020

if you build your house, then, please, call me home

I had been invited to return months ago, to see the new sim improvements. And for a variety of reasons, life has been utterly chaotic since. But today, it was time. Today, I went back.

Thorvaldsredux1

I arrived in Thorvaldshavn's Sacred Grove, and it was a very peaceful space. I stood on holy ground while the land rezzed in around me.

Thorvaldsredux2

Some of the buildings still looked familiar.

Thorvaldsredux3

Thor's done an amazing job with the landscaping, though. It is both different, and familiar, and feels very...real. Possibly even more real than the first iteration.

As if I were actually standing, somewhere in Norway, long, long ago...

Thorvaldsredux4

He's also put in an amazing amount of lovely water features.

Thorvaldsredux5

Looks like he kept some of the harvestable trees and farm animals...

Thorvaldsredux6

And this is just a gorgeous set piece of carved stones and arching trees.

Thorvaldsredux7

...and stripper poles in the feasting hall. Oh, Thor, things were going so well.

Still, his sim, his rules. It's still gorgeous. And it's not like I'm going to move back there, but visiting now and again? That I can do. There are more Gorean touches, too, which I'm not overly fond of, but...I don't spend a ton of time there. And maybe the people who do live in Thorvaldshavn on the daily do want more Gorean touches. Who knows?

All I know is, the rebuild is very, very pretty, and the port system now doesn't just lead to the farmlands, but to Aelfheim, Neverwinter, the Jarl's hall, what looks for all the world like a hobbit village...so there's a lot going on, here, for both the fantasy roleplayer and the historical recreationist.

As long as you can deal with neon stripper poles in a medieval Viking sim, I mean. But hey, maybe people can.

No comments:

I wanna live a vibrant life, but I wanna die a boring death

This is the..."Ham Tree"...at LORE . It's a group gift. Mesmer's love of meat where meat should not be is spreading... ...