11 July, 2020

you don't wanna be me when it all goes wrong

sunshine-dress1

I'll stick around, see how bad it gets
I'll settle down and deal with old regrets
You know I, I adore you


The adoring? It's not the problem. I adore a lot of people. I even, not to put too fine a point on it, love a lot of people, though in all fairness, there's vastly more kinds of love than most understand.

sunshine-dress2

I can't let you go
can't let you go
you're part of my soul
you're all that I know
I can't let you go


And that is proving to be the hitch.

sunshine-dress3

is it better now
do you feel like all is fair
can we work it out
so that it's easier for me to bare
because life, it can blind you


Do I feel like it's fair? No. Do I feel it was necessary? I'm working on that. Signs are leading towards yes, but...with reservations.

sunshine-dress4

down from the edge I can see you where we end
and I'd give up all of my days to go back


You can't go home again, right? Because the second you do, you realize, you're not the same as you were when you were there, and neither is there. So visits are nice, if you're prepared for the shock, but don't go expecting everything to be unchanged.

And, to change the outlook slightly:

"Child, child, have patience and belief, for life is many days, and each present hour will pass away."
~Thomas Wolfe
sunshine-dress5

there was all this wonder
and all this magic
has all this wonder, over and done


Maybe. Probably. Is there wonder yet? Maybe. I need to pull away from the shadows long enough to check.

sunshine-dress6

if love were a whisper
what could I give you to speak
maybe you're out of my reach


Ah, but that's not the problem either, is it? That, in fact, is the crux of the dilemma, being very, very within reach. And oh, what to do about that...Close the distance? Keep the distance? What's safe? What's necessary?

Remember, 'fair' isn't a consideration here. Life isn't fair, after all. Life is pain; anyone who tells you different is selling something.

sunshine-dress7

I can't let you go
can't let you go
can't let you go


Does it ever get easier? Don't answer that--I already know.

(Pictures taken at the House of Paine. Lyrics from Matchbox Twenty's "Can't Let You Go".)

No comments:

I wanna live a vibrant life, but I wanna die a boring death

This is the..."Ham Tree"...at LORE . It's a group gift. Mesmer's love of meat where meat should not be is spreading... ...