17 August, 2011

woke up in a tin can, don't remember my name

[19:27] Nagash Demina: D/5 at HelaMiyo for Keytar. http://slurl.com/secondlife/JuicyBomb/29/6/25
[19:27] Emilly Orr: So, a "Keytar" is...?
[19:28] Nagash Demina: Keyboard + Guitar = Keytar.
[19:28] Emilly Orr: Ah, silly me. I was thinking a key-shaped avatar.
[19:28] Fawkes Allen: Emi, how do you not know what a keytar is, oh.
[19:28] Emilly Orr starts plotting a key avatar.
[19:28] Nagash Demina: Anyone who grew up in the 80's should else I'm calling Homeland Security to charge you for treason and crimes against humanity.
[19:29] Emilly Orr: Hey, I know guitar, I know sitar, I know gitar, I know mandolin, I know balalaika and I know lute.
[19:29] Emilly Orr: I don't know keytar, so sue me. Even the ones I've *seen* weren't *named* that.


So, I figured it was a lack, and I set off in search of what a keytar is.

According to Wikipedia:
A keytar is a relatively lightweight keyboard (with or without a built-in synthesizer) that is supported by a strap around the neck and shoulders, similar to the way a guitar is supported by a strap. Keytars allow players a greater range of movement compared to conventional keyboards, which are placed on stands. The instrument has a musical keyboard for triggering musical notes and sounds. Controls for pitch bends, vibrato, portamento, and sustain are placed on the instrument's "neck". The term "keytar" is a portmanteau of the words "keyboard" and "guitar".
Okay, so what do they sound like? This, pretty much. Okay. I am enlightened.

I logged in a couple days back, to find that Ajisai had hit the destination guide. I'd never been there, so I went to see.

(from the mysteriously named August 18, 2011 album, which I do not recall making)

There's a ship, on a lake.

(from the mysteriously named August 18, 2011 album)

It has a sign, and a lot of glow.

(from the mysteriously named August 18, 2011 album)

Belowdecks are some lovely leaded-glass inset windows.

(from the mysteriously named August 18, 2011 album)

Not finding much in the way of growing things. From the description on the destination guide:
In this limited-time exhibition, held through August, you'll be transported to a place where you are surrounded by vibrant colors and flowers in bloom.
Hmm. I see some glowing pine trees, off in the distance...

(from the mysteriously named August 18, 2011 album)

Yep. Those would be the pine trees.

(from the mysteriously named August 18, 2011 album)

Basically, there's...not a lot of there, there. If there's an art installation, I never found out how to get to it. But if you want to poke around for yourself, head out to Leroy and knock yourselves out. Maybe I missed something.

Okay, SCRUB? You are officially on notice for this:

(from the aforementioned mysteriously named August 18, 2011 album)

This is ridiculous and beyond all reason. What the hell is wrong with you people? Lower your drug intake, NOW.

I mean, seriously--you have discovered a niche market all your own; I don't think anyone on the grid is doing what you do, you have cornered the tongues-pierced-with-oddities market. Kudos, it's yours. But pulling crap like this? This is guaranteed to lose you customers, and get people (waves) bitching about you. It's childish beyond all reason.

One hundred duplicates, one prize, you have lost your minds entirely.

Finally...I'm sure the Labs mean well, but they should check their language circuits:

(from the Blogger Pictures album)
Because I'm not Portuguese.

1 comment:

Emilly Orr said...

Thank you!

Apparently I lose serious 80s cred, my friends tell me, for not knowing what a keytar was before now. I maintain that I have seen them, I just didn't know that name for them.

hide away, they say, 'cos we don't want your broken parts

Yeah, so...remember that thing I was recovering from? You know, last year ? Yeah. I did it again. So this is Em Faw Down Go Boom part ...