09 August, 2011

I can see behind your eyes the things that I don't know

From Teresa Matfield's picks:
MY LORD GOD, I have no idea where I am going.
I do not see the road ahead of me. I cannot know for certain where it will end. Nor do I really know myself, and the fact that I think that I am following your will does not mean that I am actually doing so. But I believe that the desire to please you does in fact please you. And I hope I have that desire in all that I am doing. I hope that I will never do anything apart from that desire. And I know that if I do this you will lead me by the right road though I may know nothing about it. Therefore will I trust you always though I may seem to be lost and in the shadow of death. I will not fear, for you are ever with me, and you will never leave me to face my perils alone.

~ Thomas Merton
I'm not Christian, and haven't been for a very long time...but this speaks to me.

I'd actually tracked down Miss Matfield's profile because I heard she had a small texture shop. She does, but why I went there--to track down sculpted light textures--seems to have evaporated.

Still, she has trees, flowers, stone rings and a contemplative outlook. I can see supporting her.

More information on the new power set in City of Heroes is now available, and it has a name--Time Manipulation! It's available for Controllers, Corruptors, and Masterminds only, but should add significant offensive and defensive boosts to new characters in those classes.

World of Warcraft is now down a total of 900,000 players, over the past two quarters alone. The reason they cite for this? Subscribed players playing through new quests too fast. No, not kidding--they're blaming their players.

Meanwhile, an interesting change on the horizon is looming for Star Wars: the Old Republic. The oft-seen group raid (which generally finishes by several people downing the boss seeing one person get the good drops) is being slightly altered in SW's case. At the end of a large group raid on a powerful boss, everyone who participated will get a 'loot container' with either items designed for the class they're playing, or general 'commendation' items that can be traded for class-specific gear back in town.

This way, everyone gets something, and no one feels left out, or so the developers think. I think they might have something, but I know there's a lot of cutthroat competition in all games for better gear, so...there may be some players who feel this is a waste of their time, overall.

No comments:

I've got a three day headache and it's all in my head

It's the 30th of March. One day before Ostara. And there's been a lot of...well. Conversations like the one below. [18:43] Emil...