13 July, 2011

your brain gets smart but your head gets dumb

Apology post.

(Don't look at me like that, this happens, now and again.)

[8:43 PM] Fawkes Allen: Without gross misunderstanding of what I said, I never said that the Radar system was better than Mystitool or Firestorm.
[8:44 PM] Emilly Orr: Okay. How did I get what you said wrong?
[8:44 PM] Fawkes Allen: I said that the tool was less cluttered than Phoenix's Radar, but had a wider, broader range than Mystitools. WHich makes it a good extension to using Mystitool, which has a sadly limited range.


Now, I take full responsibility for this; while I try not to directly quote people unless I'm using their own words in chat, I did imply that he said that. And I formally retract what I said he said, because I got his words wrong.

He's not saying that Snowstorm's internal radar system is better, he's saying that it has a wider range than the MystiTool, and it's less cluttered than Phoenix (and likely, by extension, Firestorm). And there, okay, I agree--the Mysti only goes to 96 meters and drops off, and there's more than just Fawkes tearing their hair out at the Phoenix radar system.

(Little hint: yes, Phoenix people, radar on SL used to include whether people are typing, walking, sitting, flying, speaking, or selecting something. Second Life got better. That's just a ton of information that no one really needs. But hey, thanks for cluttering up the radar so much--you've pushed a lot of people into actually buying radar systems, or moving to different clients. Go you.)

Also currently investigating how to make accessing the land tools easier for land managers, club managers, and just people who own land and want those controls. That will be a future entry.

No comments:

I wanna live a vibrant life, but I wanna die a boring death

This is the..."Ham Tree"...at LORE . It's a group gift. Mesmer's love of meat where meat should not be is spreading... ...