22 July, 2011

you'll never change for no one

So you feel misunderstood
Baby, have I got news for you
On being used, I could write the book
But you don't wanna hear about it...

Now I'm strong enough to live without you
Strong enough, and I quit crying
Long enough; now I'm strong enough
To know you gotta go--


So many dark nights have passed since we parted, and yet you will not learn. I have no jealousy and less call upon your heart, but I will not be blamed for things I did not do. And this was not the first time you've blamed me. One would imagine you would have permanently engraved that mistake upon your neurons the first time.

If this is how we think we make amends
We're in for a race that never ends
Where is it we think we'll go?
What is it we think we know?
It'll never change until we change ourselves


Now you turn and blame friends for things they did not do, and how does the old saying go? Fool me once, shame on you: fool me twice, shame on me.

We are far, far past second times, but I have reached a limit of being shamed, I think. And I am far past tired of extending second chances.

I won't let you in again
The messages I tried to send
My information's just not going in...

This time, baby, I'll be bulletproof
This time, baby, I'll be bulletproof


Tread lightly, once-love, and carefully, for the waters have grown chill and deep. The wrong word at the right time, and I swim away--for good.

For now I'm still thinking on the shore, but know and know well: it is only me that keeps me there. I will mourn anew if I leave you behind, even removed from heart's delight to friend of mind as it has gone. But if it proves necesaary, do not doubt I will choose myself over you.

Give me back my point of view
'Cause I just can't think for you
I can hardly hear you say
What should I do, well you choose

Oh, look what you've done
You've made a fool of everyone
Oh well, it seems likes such fun
Until you lose what you had won


You are not the enemy to be fought, and not yet the stranger at the gate; but my trust in your clear focus has been badly damaged. You see through a clouded lens, and rather than clear your mind and heart, you choose to believe what your damage tells you.

Prove yourself the viper at the breast, and I will have no recourse, and less care, in leaving you behind. This is not an idle threat. Be better, or I will not be there.

(Lyrics taken from Cher's Strong Enough; Poets of the Fall's Rewind; La Roux's Bulletproof; and Jet's Look What You've Done.)

No comments:

I wanna live a vibrant life, but I wanna die a boring death

This is the..."Ham Tree"...at LORE . It's a group gift. Mesmer's love of meat where meat should not be is spreading... ...