24 December, 2007

we're never gonna survive, unless we are a little crazy

Running the gauntlet again, currently at MilcaHolic. Noticed something I'd missed the first time out.

Photobucket

It's a freebie. It's a 0 Linden garbage bag. With PARTICLE FLIES.

Now, look, I'm all for realism on the grid. But I've noticed this creeping trend. About a year back, Tensai found rotting fish, and promptly bought them and installed them on the Steelhead docks. Roaches arrived a few months back. Then creeping rats. There's always been a tendency towards oil-drum fires and couches with exposed springs, and then the cardboard-box homes arrived.

Okay. It's all a matter of perspective. And we build what we're familiar with, that's true too. And I'm not a champion of neat, either, places I live get terribly cluttered--projects in progress, random boxes I'm filling with random objects for storage, furniture I'm trying out and haven't yet positioned, furniture I'm building, so it's in pieces and sections. Bits of hair I'm laying out. Skirt panels floating in midair.

I get all that.

But...garbage?!? Do we really need this?!?

Anyone? Because I'd love to know. Was this really necessary?!?

5 comments:

London Spengler said...

I think it whould be fun if touching the bag maked it dissapear for a week or so, but yes, *ugghh* it is disgusting! I whould never have it on my ultra clean parcel.

*agggh*

*pokes the first SL garbage bag with a long stick*

*ekkk!*

*Brings people to show them it*

Hehe, this is so gross (and funny)!

Emilly Orr said...

Is it better or worse because of the particle flies? I think worse...

Seraph Nephilim said...

Appropriate for decaying urban sprawls, such as Midian, which I was most familiar with. In Steelhead, though? Horrors!

Frau A. S. Lowey said...

Considering some of the freebie packages my inner magpie will not let me ignore, it seems entirely appropriate.

Emilly Orr said...

Seraph: True, I grant the point. And during Valruna's (second) rebuild, they did gain a lively (*shudder*) crop of roaches. So yes, I can see it.

Frau Lowey: My, every freebie on the grid is desired? Though, hmm, if you have group space...there's one with a similar heart, set up a group named Lucky Kitty, I think. Her name's Serenity Semple, if I got the group name wrong. All she does through there is advertise lucky chairs, freebies, scavenger hunts... :)

hide away, they say, 'cos we don't want your broken parts

Yeah, so...remember that thing I was recovering from? You know, last year ? Yeah. I did it again. So this is Em Faw Down Go Boom part ...