05 December, 2007

I'm not ready to be seen, I'll just sit right here and spy

That platinum-haired, pointy-eared gi--

*coughs*

I mean, Mr. Lunar Eclipse tagged me. So I'm doing this again.

Technically I just have to relate eight facts and move on, I don't necessarily have to tag eight more people...I'd love to feature eight people on my friendslist that people wouldn't expect me to have as friends, but honestly? Many of them don't have blogs, and that's the point, to name eight other bloggers, to get more information out there and encourage cross-reading of journals we may not have discovered before.

So, taken from Lunar's journal:

The rules in which this plague has been brought upon:

1. Each player starts with eight random facts about themselves
2. People who are tagged need to write a post on their own blog and post these rules
3. At the end of the blog you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
4. Don't forget to leave them a comment telling them they're tagged and to read your blog.


So let's do it right this time. And, for the second time ever on this blog...I'm gonna talk about the typist.

Don't everyone faint at once.

1. My favorite movie, in all the world, of all the movies out there, is Arsenic and Old Lace.

2. Somewhere on YouTube (no, I'm not telling you where), there's a video with me in it. Don't get all excited, I'm in it for all of a tenth of a second. :)

3. Fandom points: I was one of the first five staff members of the Doctor Who Fan Club of America.

4. Not that I have many "official" rituals to attend these days? But my "official" working ritual robes...are patchwork. :)

5. I have made many of my own clothes. (This doesn't mean good, mind--it just means I make my own clothes.)

6. I have eaten high game. I have eaten turtle soup. I have eaten duck feet (not in black sauce, but it seemed a good recipe to link to). I've eaten rattlesnake, alligator, fried grasshoppers, and honey ants. I have mixed mealworms into banana bread, grubs into custard, and one memorable evening, I got the opportunity to gig, peel, soak, flour, season, and sauté frog's legs, start to finish. I've eaten sweetbreads, Rocky Mountain Oysters and lamb fries, fried squash flowers, and marijuana leaves in fresh salad (I wouldn't recommend that last; it's part of how I found out I was allergic. I was nine.) I have made haggis, homemade sausage, and had bread made from nut meats and bone meal. I like challenge foods. :)

7. If it has a bat on it, chances are good I have something like it, or want something like it, because my friends know me by now. Not only do I adore bats in the natural world, I have toy versions of bats in wood, papier mache, pewter, cloth, and plastic. I have laminated, die-cut, thin wood, stained glass, and needlepoint bat ornaments for the holiday tree. I have bat cookie-cutters, jello molds, and freehand, I draw a (stylized, but) pretty keen version.

8. My mother once, very memorably, grounded me for eighteen months. (I got off at twelve months for good behavior.) Of course, I did set an entire mountain on fire...well, who knew sage burned that well???

Now, then. Who to tap, who to tap...you know what? I can't come up with anyone who doesn't have pages on Deviantart or Myspace, neither of which is helpful. So you're all off the hook. :)

*scampers off grinning*

11 comments:

Seraph Nephilim said...

As far as I can tell, you did do it right the first time, so you're just giving us a bonus eight facts now. :-)

And do I really have to do it...?

Emilly Orr said...

Well, no one's *forcing* you, just like we can't really *make* Miss Callisto post non-boring stuph in her blog...we're just sort of hoping the collective weight of peer pressure will felicitate the desired result. :)

And I figured it was only fair--eight facts on Em, eight facts on me. I did get tapped twice.

turnerBroadcasting said...

So who are you going to tag next. Remember, Colorless Green Ideas Sleep Furiously.

I'm asleep right now. You wouldn't tag me would you.


I think I will hide under this lifelike statue of a bat here... hmm..


Ok!. There we go... Alright. No one here but us bats!

Ok Choose Away!

Has to be someone in the room who is not a bat!

TotalLunar Eclipse said...

Thank you for your introductory comment, but in all fairness and per normality I had no idea what the Caledonians were doing.

And you know you love me, pointy ears and all.

TotalLunar Eclipse said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

/sings softly.../
Twinkle twinkle little bat
How I woonder where yeh're at
Up aboov th'world so high,
Like a tea tray in th'sky
Twinkle twinkle little bat
How I woonder where yeh're at...!

Emilly Orr said...

*dances as Lady Darkling sings...*

Well, a'course, Lunar, goes without saying, save you said it, but now I'm curious--what comment did you delete?

Pity there's no 'blog owner reveal' setting. :)

TotalLunar Eclipse said...

Some odd glitch where my comment was posted twice. Not the first time, my network since the rains had almost killed us have been acting on the fritz.

Emilly Orr said...

Happens on occasion. And yeah, bad storm, baaad bad storm.

turnerBroadcasting said...

whew. I'm glad I wasn't tapped. Someone I know was tapped and she spent her whole day writing down the songs out of her ipod.

she listens to some decent music.. hm.. I am quietly thanking the lord that my blog is asleep but I'm angry I can't be writing. I am furious in fact.

Emilly Orr said...

Awww.

Good thing you were a bat, then.

hide away, they say, 'cos we don't want your broken parts

Yeah, so...remember that thing I was recovering from? You know, last year ? Yeah. I did it again. So this is Em Faw Down Go Boom part ...