29 December, 2007

shouldn't let you torture me so sweetly

Under your spell again.
I can't say no to you.
Crave my heart and it's bleeding in your hand.
I can't say no to you.


She tells me wait, and taunts me. With lips and tongue and teeth and hips, but she says wait. She says wait, and teeth gritted, I'm waiting. It's never half so hard not doing something until one is told not to do it.

Photobucket

Before we begin, I want to bring up a new designer I've discovered. Well, probably not new, but as *I* hadn't seen her on anyone before...This is a shot taken in the store Kurotsubaki, where Miss sato Yifu creates kimonos and more 'Westernized' clothing...only, it's not, not really.

For one, the curve on the sweater. I mean, you can't line all the buttons up to button it up, they just don't line up, and that's the point! But it's gorgeous, and so comfortable, with big cable-knit sleeves that fall over the hands and separate sleeves for flutter one wears around the upper arms.

She tends to sell separates, though--for example, this outfit? Works out to four pieces. The oatmeal turtleneck (which comes in a pack with two other shades); the black flowered skirt; the brown sweater-jacket; and I decided to throw in a pack of over-the-knee knit socks, because the brown matched the rest of the outfit.

Total for these several pieces? L$500.

You heard me. Yes, she prices beyond reasonably.

Shouldn't have let you torture me so sweetly.
Now I can't let go of this dream.
I can't breathe but I feel...

Good enough,
I feel good enough for you.


Anyway. Since I couldn't do anything else--wants me to wait, FINE, I'll wait, I can wait, I'M WAITING--I thought I'd check out Steelhead Harborside.

Photobucket

If one is not accustomed to Steelhead, the relevance of this will escape. Let me put it in simple terms. If I had stood exactly here--before Harborside arrived--I would have been looking at the end of the pier, and ocean.

Nothing else.

Now, there's else. I'm immensely thrilled by this.

Drink up sweet decadence.
I can't say no to you,
And I've completely lost myself, and I don't mind.
I can't say no to you.


Photobucket

Already the first shop has gone in. I know for a fact there will be more. But it's nice to see the thriving jostling of commerce come in, too, with the first residents.

Place looks HUGE.

Shouldn't let you conquer me completely.
Now I can't let go of this dream.
Can't believe that I feel...


Photobucket

I'm not entirely sure what the point of Myfi's Doughnut Shop is. Four doughnuts for a building this large seems...excessive. Plus the black box in the corner scares me.

Still, the cider's fresh-pressed, and the doughnuts are good, so maybe that's enough.

Good enough,
I feel good enough.
It's been such a long time coming, but I feel good.


Photobucket

One of the bridges I've been hearing about. A great deal of effort went into this. It's gorgeous, frankly. Very detailed, and obviously built to withstand much foot traffic, and wide enough for motorized as well.

Photobucket

Another shot from the bridge, this one of Steelhead at large, both the city and the side of Harborside adjoining it. This...is an accomplishment, indeed.

And I'm still waiting for the rain to fall.
Pour real life down on me.
'Cause I can't hold on to anything this good enough.
Am I good enough for you to love me too?


Photobucketf

I'm rather amused seeing gypsy tents in Steelhead, any part of Steelhead, old or new, but...what's that by the blue one...?

So take care what you ask of me,
'cause I can't say no.


Photobucket

Ah, Steelhead, how I've missed you. It's good to know that all of the weird didn't leave when the new sim arrived. Great news, indeed!

Do come visit. I don't know if there are any parcels left, should you wish to live there, but dropping a notecard to Mr. TotalLunar Eclipse will at least answer that question. It's coming along nicely.

Apparently next up? Steelhead Boomtown. With mine carts!

(Lyrics from Evanescence, Good Enough.)

8 comments:

Baron K. Wulfenbach said...

Guten Tag, Fraulein.

There are indeed some parcels left, a few - unless they've been sold without notice. They are across the street from your chicken-eating plant discovery. There will be mountains behind them some day.

The tents are, as tents always are, temporary housing for the Davies sisters waiting for the treehouse on which Herr Lunar is still working. However, his First Life is interfering with that work, and must be sorted out first (he's moving house).

Frau Quetzal said she crashed right after greeting you, and passes on an apology for inadvertent rudeness. Ah, the Consular grapevine is a fascinating thing. She also mentioned a comment you made about your diplomatic status - at which I raise an eyebrow.

I must ask, having read upstream already - what is 'Tusk'?

May you have a safe and happy New Year's celebration.

Yrs.,

Klaus Wulfenbach

Emilly Orr said...

Greetings, Baron!

Lunar makes wonderful, delightful tree homes, as befits a born elf; they will be pleased, I'm sure. I wish him all and every success on the move.

I had assumed she crashed, was called away myself, and would have left a message to that effect--but, err, couldn't remember how to spell her first name. Slightly embarrassing.

And, well, my diplomatic status--I'm connected to your staff, and should indeed visit the Consulate, at least *one* of them, and intend to attend the staff party, meet everyone--but really, all I do for the Consulate is manage Frau Lowey's bar. (Which, open or not, I should tend to more often--apparently there are people stopping by of an evening.)

Tusk. Several months back, when the Enigma was still open, vampiric friends of mine discovered a sim held in the grasp of twilight. It wasn't Winterfell.

It was lush, impressively built, truly, the single most beautiful build I'd ever been on, until I went to Avilion Isle (which has since rebuilt, so doesn't hold that honor either, these days).

We went there frequently, my friends and I, sometimes to shop--they sold clothes, furnishings, oddments of decor--or dance, or just wander. SO much to see, it nearly made one drunk on the visuals.

Then...it disappears. Landmarks made there would not work, because the land *itself* was gone. Eventually, we deleted the landmarks, and went on.

Last night, on Caledon chat, Tusk was mentioned. I talked the woman who'd mentioned it through how to give me a SLUrl, and went. And it's still impressive. It's still lush and gorgeous and...the attention to detail, the sheer *splendor* of it...

There are still plywood sections on the main castle, however. So it truly *has* come back from beyond *recently*.

Diane Marie / Myfanwy said...

Ms. Orr, the Baron passed me a link to your blog, since it was my chicken-eating plant you displayed. There is always something silly happening on my property, please feel free to visit any time! Currently, there is a dolphin leaping and splashing around in the sand. And I'm trying to organize dogsled races... I was caught by Ms. Laval earlier, wearing a lovely teal Prim & Proper bustle dress and a pair of Groucho glasses, being pulled along by Sparky the Sled Dog.

No, rather than silliness leaving the sim with the addition of beautiful Harborside, silliness has taken up permanent residence.

Myfanwy Davies (but not the donut Myfi)

Christine McAllister Pearse said...

Hmmmm.....those doughnuts look awfully familiar.....This bears closer investigation. Perhaps a deal could be struck....

Emilly Orr said...

And that, Miss Davies, is exactly what Steelhead needs to retain.

My fondest memory of Steelhead is a small, small thing: I am sitting on the grass near where Miss DeCosta lives now. Lunar is building some edifice behind us. Down the main street, we hear commotion and pounding. We watch, bemused, as first a very large Mech run past, then a giant chicken.

Then we see why they're running--Tensai, in a wee little bunny form, with an automatic weapon, firing wildly. Laughing.

That, to me, is beyond everything else Steelhead is--all the pageantry now, all the rustic before, the good people, the meetings--that moment of strangeness.

That's what I'm hoping it will never lose. Thank you for helping with that. :)

Emilly Orr said...

Hmm, you making doughnuts for Miss Myfi, Lady Christine, or her making doughnuts for you? :)

I thought the cider was a nice touch.

Christine McAllister Pearse said...

I have to drop in there. Now that all the refreshments are made for the New Years Eve party in Penzance, I can breathe easy again....for awhile anyhow. ;-)

Emilly Orr said...

Really!

It's going to be a day...and the first leg of it starts rather uncomfortably close to now!

I may actually have to buy a new ball gown. Not a mask--goodness, I have a plethora now of masks--but quite potentially a gown. Eep!

hide away, they say, 'cos we don't want your broken parts

Yeah, so...remember that thing I was recovering from? You know, last year ? Yeah. I did it again. So this is Em Faw Down Go Boom part ...