14 February, 2021

it's more than I can take, baby

I am a bad mother!

sick-babies1

In my (sole and only) defense, I've never really dealt with Breedables--or KittyCats cats--before, save from a sim-lag point of view. So, after the birthing, I picked them up, not realizing they'd continue to...well, exist...in inventory.

So when I rezzed them out, Enoch and Cleopatra were very ill, and Athena was barely awake. They were all starving.

Oh my gods.

sick-babies2

So I ran off to the KittyCats store, to frantically track down their Get Well vitamins--having to buy Lindens to do so--which at this point, is just adding insult to injury. And by the time I got back, Athena had gotten sick, too. Oh my gods...

I quickly pulled it out of inventory and dropped the bottle in the center so they'd all get that little pick-me-up...at least, that's what I thought would happen.

It worked on one kitten. Just one. Enoch woke up.

You grasping bastards--

sick-babies3

But...he is up and moving around. I set out food and milk, made sure everyone was tightly restricted to a five meter circle, so with any luck, they will only stay in that one room of Echo Manor.

sick-babies4

And then I picked Enoch up and whispered apologies into his fur. He...tolerated this. But I had to...gods, what if I'd left them in longer? Would they all have died? My heart can't take this.

sick-babies5

So this is what we have for now. He is starting to perk up more, and get interested in his surroundings, so...that's good, right? That is good? And Justine says that when her cat got sick, she slept for two days straight, and then was fine. So...I'm really, really hoping that's the case.

sick-babies6

In the meantime, I will check in on them often, and get more vitamins when I can afford it, and we'll see how it goes from there.

Motherhood is hard.

1 comment:

Emilly Orr said...

So, before I go off and kill these two...No, you do not get to advertise your services on my blog. Scram.

I wanna live a vibrant life, but I wanna die a boring death

This is the..."Ham Tree"...at LORE . It's a group gift. Mesmer's love of meat where meat should not be is spreading... ...