15 February, 2021

lying awake and everything has changed

bsukhmet1

So let's talk Bsukmet Stormcrow. I knew nothing about them, I just saw the notice go out for the group a couple weeks ago, so I went.

bsukhmet2

This was the notice:
⊱♬⊰Elctronicals⊱♬⊰

█▓▒░ ᴡʜᴏ : ⊱♬⊰Bsukmet

█▓▒░ ᴡʜᴇɴ ⊱♬⊰ Thursday 12 PM - 1 SLT
█▓▒░ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ⊱♬⊰Hannah's Lodge
Your Taxi:
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Quandisha/232/49/3003
█▓▒░
bsukhmet3

So, I went. I'd been in a very disagreeable mood, that a love had delicately peeled away, and I felt open to new experiences. I'd never heard of them, but thought, I like Hannah's, I like electronica, let's go see.

bsukhmet4

They're AMAZING. Don't believe me? Listen. Or go wander their Soundcloud. It will be worth your time, if you like synthesized sounds.

bsukhmet5

I'm also wondering if their look is influenced by Steam Powered Giraffe's Rabbit, but even if it's not, it's cool as hell. I've never seen anyone quite like them in SL, and considering I've been pretty much perpetually on the grid for fourteen years? That says something.

bsukhmet6

And look--this may not seem like a bunch of people, but keep in mind Hannah's is about the size (and layout) of a typical English village pub. It's a dime-size dance floor, and it was packed--I took this picture towards the end of the set, after some folks had left, even.

Did we have some lag issues? Yeah. Did we have some difficulty rezzing things in? Yeah, absolutely. Was it worth it to hear Bsukhmet? YES in every way. If you ever get the chance, and you have any liking for electronica and ambient, well done--GO. You won't regret it.

No comments:

I wanna live a vibrant life, but I wanna die a boring death

This is the..."Ham Tree"...at LORE . It's a group gift. Mesmer's love of meat where meat should not be is spreading... ...