04 June, 2020

and there is more than just diamonds and rubies hidden beneath the concrete below

Any song that features the lyrics "Desecrate the tomb, to the rhythm of the rumba" is good in my books. (And if you've never heard of Nanowar of Steel, well, there you go. Perfect introduction to their battily insane musical stylings.)

Meanwhile...
[23:01] Nyree Rain: Calla, WHY is my guard robot trying to stuff you into the fuel tank?
[23:01] Nyree Rain: you didn't try to take something again?
[23:06] Calla Iris Waydelich (callidus.waydelich): No??
[23:06] Calla Iris Waydelich (callidus.waydelich): ....Yes...
[23:07] Nyree Rain: sigh
Now really, are you that surprised? One cannot remain Pirate Queen and rest on her laurels, after all, so...it's kind of expected.

This is very interesting: the founders of the Pordenone Silent Film Festival have decided this year to go virtual. Drawing on a host of international film resources to prevent both well-known creations and never-before-released-widely films, I think it's a magnificent effort, both logistically and creativity. (Oh, and the accompanying blog is already up and running.)

There are nutritional psychologists? That's fascinating. That's also a list of recipes that supposedly elevate both physical and emotional well-being. (Of course, YMMV, obviously special diets weren't considered with the list.)

In the meantime, We heart-balloon RP is open! And I got sent another jewelry pack from Adam 'n Eve, which I can finally, I think, do justice to regarding pictures. Because I no longer own a potato to log into SL.

Priya1

This is the left armlet from Ms. sachi's Priya collection. There's an inherent soft, shimmery glow to the pieces, and this one I'm showing in the bright gold for metal, the emerald green for the gems. It's unrigged, as I discovered because I wanted to adjust it juuuuust the slightest bit--in my case, to be slightly to the left and slightly farther up on the arm.

Priya2


This is Priya's right armlet, shown in black metal, with pink gems. There's still that soft glow to this, unobtrusive, but definitely noticeable.

Priya3

There's a pendant with the same design (just the pendant; the collar and the back necklace with the amethyst gem are mine), still unrigged to match the rest of the set. There are two metals on the top of the metals HUD; the one on the left is snowy white, the one on the right (shown here) looked like it would be a white metal, but I'd actually call this silver, maybe? Either way, it's lovely.

Priya4

This is the bindi piece, which I do not, as a rule, wear in SL (or RL) because I'm not Hindu or Jain, and the actual bindi mark itself has significance in the culture. That being said, in a fantasy environment, I think this is sufficiently 'ornamental' beyond the religious/cultural connotations, and it is another lovely piece.

I forgot this was in the set, so the bangs do slightly interfere; I got the best shot I could. I'm showing it in the rose gold metal, and the ruby-red gem.

Priya5

For the diadem, I realized the bangs were really going to interfere. So I switched from Calico's Thedra hair to EscalateD's Lovey, with the trailing strands removed. Keep in mind this is adjusted slightly higher than I think it should naturally rest, because I wanted to clear the hair. (It, like all the other pieces in the set, are unrigged mesh.)

Priya6

And finally, the right armlet again, shown in the last gem and color setting, both white. It seems the white and the gold metal choices, interestingly enough, show the glow effect best, but even with those two, it's still not a scream-in-your-face level of glow. Just enough to look...well, magical.

I'll go back later and track down the actual booth SLUrl for Adam 'n Eve, but when using the "updated" landmark the We We heart-balloon RP group sent out, I ended up in a wall:
[14:51] Emilly Orr: Also, aaaack. Designer friend of mine sent a jewelry pack for review for We heart-balloon RP? So I've been taking product shots for a blog post. Last thing to do was go to the site, using the handily supplied 'updated landmark'
[14:51] Emilly Orr: Ended up in a wall.
[14:52] Emilly Orr: While I was trying to get OUT of the wall, I realized at least three people had on vocal bumpers
[14:52] Emilly Orr: So it was a sudden cacaphony of "You think you're BETTER than me?", "Dude, I'm sorry" and (the sole female-voiced one) "Ooh, Daddy".
[14:52] Emilly Orr: Very cringeworthy.
[14:54] Mxxxxxxx Wxxxxxxxxx: those seem unrelated :)
[14:55] Emilly Orr: They do!
Yeesh.

So use this one until further notice.

(Further notice, because I had time to run and check: For this set, they're being sold in single metal colors with a HUD to shift the tone of the gems. Each set includes all five pieces, and they run L$185 each. Or you can buy the fatpack, which includes all the metal colors and the gems for each piece, for L$500. Which yes, is a steal, considering the quality. If you're using a browser that supports direct ports, here's the booth, and if you only have beacons to go by, that should tell you where to walk from the center hub.

(Other bits of information:

(I'm wearing the Rheia fantasy skin from Ritual (sadly, the closing-off-the-grid sale has ended, the store is now gone; I was hoping the sale would still be going) and the "Intense Power" outfit in green from Belle Epoque. And of course, all shots were taken on Luane's Magical World, because the scenery really seemed to fit the set.)


No comments:

I wanna live a vibrant life, but I wanna die a boring death

This is the..."Ham Tree"...at LORE . It's a group gift. Mesmer's love of meat where meat should not be is spreading... ...