21 November, 2008

at least just tell me what the hell is wrong

I'm starting to develop a severe issue with number-named residents. You know the ones I mean, the ones that set up their accounts to answer to "Julii69" or x09sevengirl90x" or some such.

Or proevo69julian Adamski, the new resident I just banned off my property in Lunitarium. He's the first name on the new list.

He flew up, banged himself several times against the structure--at which I told him to back off and stop violating my house--banged around several more times, then found a gap in the roofline (I'm still building said house) and darted inside.

Whereupon he found himself upstairs in the mini-loft (also unfinished), couldn't figure out how to get down (it's called the connecting ramp, you knuckle-dragging idio--anyway), and jumped on a nearby poseball to attain the main floor.

So I asked him why he was there. Nothing. No answer. I froze him in place and asked him again.

Still no answer.

So I bounced him. I mean, really, what would you do?

It seems to be going around. Miss Torricelli discovered a Miss Em Xue--and frankly, naming her "Miss" is just the barest bit of courtesy I can manage, I'd much rather call her more vile things--had set up a fully scripted, animated dance club/space station over her home. She discovered it when she wondered of a morning why her parcel had no prims.

Well, that would be why!

Meanwhile, a friend of mine asked me to help his new submissive (and honestly, where in the hell is he finding these women, it's unbelievable!) get a job. He mentioned stripping. As I used to dance myself, I IMed her while pulling up her profile, and realized Yuuki Bookmite was born on the 12th.

Of this month.

And yes--wanted a job stripping.

Her profile had the immortal line--until I told her she needed to change it--"But she will submit to anyones sexual desires unless she has gained permission.". (I told her she really needed to add the "not" before "submit".)

Honestly. I'm all for helping new friends to the game out. But if they're this irretrievably stupid, why should we bother??

In other news...I'm trying to make another house.

This:

Photobucket

is the house I'm currently building.

This:

Photobucket

is, okay, a Shih Tzu, and when I named the house, I was thinking of another dog, but hey...

But that's why I'm calling in the Bark Pomeranian. You can see why, right?

Right?

*hears crickets*

Fine...but really--what would you call it?

In the meantime, I need to figure out how to fix it...I'm thinking of adding trees. Which means I need to find branches. This is not proving to be easy...

Finally, by way of Lord Bardhaven (who found it on Dr. Mason's blog), comes this odd quiz-thing:


You are The Empress


Beauty, happiness, pleasure, success, luxury, dissipation.


The Empress is associated with Venus, the feminine planet, so it represents,
beauty, charm, pleasure, luxury, and delight. You may be good at home
decorating, art or anything to do with making things beautiful.


The Empress is a creator, be it creation of life, of romance, of art or business. While the Magician is the primal spark, the idea made real, and the High Priestess is the one who gives the idea a form, the Empress is the womb where it gestates and grows till it is ready to be born. This is why her symbol is Venus, goddess of beautiful things as well as love. Even so, the Empress is more Demeter, goddess of abundance, then sensual Venus. She is the giver of Earthly gifts, yet at the same time, she can, in anger withhold, as Demeter did when her daughter, Persephone, was kidnapped. In fury and grief, she kept the Earth barren till her child was returned to her.


What Tarot Card are You?
Take the Test to Find Out.



...which, frankly, seems like the universe laughing at me. Abundance? Fertility? The nurturing impulse? Small little bunnies curled up at her feet next to the wheat fronds and the fruit?

Come on, now, who are they kidding? I'm about as fertile as Stonehenge, and frankly, my nurturing skills still pretty much fall into the "Get over it. Next." camp.

*shakes head* They have no clue.

(Psst--one last thing--Sine Wave is hosting a multi-sim pub quiz this Sunday at 1 pm SLT. It's apparently a joint venture with OSGrid. Tell your friends.)

13 comments:

Peter Stindberg said...

I saw a cool profile the other day, containing a line "I don't talk to people with a number in their name".

Emilly Orr said...

*snerks*

See, I think what it is, is people coming in thinking Second Life is just an online chatroom. And to be fair to that view, largely, it is--with prettier visuals than IMVU or Lively.

But it's also more than that, much more, as much social experiment as chatroom and game, and that's where people with numbers in their names, people with lowercase (or all upper-case) names fail to really get when they're registering an account.

I have a friend--while she's never made the obvious 'chatroom handle' mistake, she cycles through alts like no one's business. When I ask her why, she says she's "bored" of having that name...

Baron K. Wulfenbach said...

I have been introduced to the Bark Pomeranian. Quite creative!

As to branches, what Herr Lunar suggested to Frau Davies for the first version of her house was disassembling some of the trees from Botanical; apparently that method had worked for him in previous projects.

Yrs.,

KW

Magdalena Kamenev said...

I like the Bark Pomeranian (the name and the picture). Arf. Will there be a housewarming?

And I'll trade cards with you. I really have no idea how I ended up with the bloody Wheel of Fortune. It's isn't characteristic of my life (I have bad luck, good luck and average luck) and it doesn't bother to assign me any AGENCY. I like to think I'm more than an accident of fate. Maybe?

Rhianon Jameson said...

One hates to generalizes about names, but...fine, okay, let's generalize.

I like the idea of having the ability to freeze someone who is being a jerk. Power! (*mad cackles*)

I've discovered some interesting naughty bits above various properties - more than once, mind you - where the owner of the naughty bits was not the same as the owner of the property. Was this prim squatting, like Miss Em Xue, or was it the owner's alt's property? I could never figure out a polite way of asking...

Emilly Orr said...

Baron: that is a useful tip indeed. I've been primming them out, and then wondering what do to with the bits in the meantime--I should just go and look at Botanical.

Miss Kamenev: I'll gladly trade cards. The Wheel of Fortune I've actually pulled in readings before, and has on frequent occasions described me better. "Could be good, could be bad, let's SPIN THE WHEEL!" is something of an in-joke around these parts, because we seem to be so often clinging to one of Fortune's spokes for dear life! :)

And Miss Jameson: It may even be said that in the height of AOL as an email service, there were those on AOL who weren't possessed of double-digit IQs...unfortunately, most of the ones we heard of beyond AOL were.

Just so with the mainland--there are nice patches of mainland, though you have to look very hard through the dreck that's everywhere else.

I'm sure there are individuals with perfect demeanors and outstanding fashion sense who have numbers in their names--it's just that we haven't met many.

Edward Pearse said...

I think you're selling yourself a bit short there as far as the nurturing goes. "Get over it. Next" can be a hard thing to impart without being callous.

And the image of you with little bunnies curled up at your feet with fruit and wheat seems to work for me. I've seen you in far more bizarre outfits :-P

Emilly Orr said...

*sighs* Cute. It's a virus! It's the bane of my existence in two worlds, I swear...

You realize, you're just tempting me to get a bunch of hopping little fuzzy things, and make a throne bedecked with grapes and wheat to lounge in.

As far as being callous, I'm frequently callous, RL. Not so much on the grid. Maybe that's the lesson I need to take from all of this, in all seriousness--be kinder.

Or at least *try* to be. :)

Edward Pearse said...

You realize, you're just tempting me to get a bunch of hopping little fuzzy things, and make a throne bedecked with grapes and wheat to lounge in.

Or maybe something as a house warming present for your new place...

Alexandra Rucker said...

"Get over it. Next" can be a hard thing to impart without being callous.

Sometimes people NEED that notification that their reality check has bounced. :)

Emilly Orr said...

Edward: GAH. You would, wouldn't you?

Alex: Yes, precisely. We seem to be living with two of them...

Anonymous said...

just got blog back up and running. i posted a few pics from Halloween night & other oddites. check it out when you get some time fullmoonindustries.blogspot.com/
stay true~

Emilly Orr said...

Ooh, wonderful. I'll check it out.

I've got a three day headache and it's all in my head

It's the 30th of March. One day before Ostara. And there's been a lot of...well. Conversations like the one below. [18:43] Emil...