06 May, 2012

next upon the stand, will you please extend a hand

More scenes from a hunt!

(from the scavenging album)

Don't ask me why, but this unnerved me. I can't even tell you why. I think the photosourcing was part of it--that everything, in a certain sense, looks like a movie set--and I mean that in the best possible sense--but that stuck out, hanging behind the curtains like a sagging, sun-bleached bit of slum reality, vivid and in-person.

Does being creeped out in a horror sim matter? No, that's rather the point. But being creeped out in a horror sim when it's not about the horror touches? Yeah. Really don't know what to say other than I found it creepy and disturbing.

(To that end, I came across mention of an old 2005 Flash game called The House. Now, at this point it's showing its age--the pacing is designed for much slower computers than we have now, just to mention one problem. But it still packs its own quaint little punch. There's also the updated version: The House 2, which has a similar click-to-progress mentality, and is just as disturbing as the first.)

(from the scavenging album)

There are a few houses with working TVs, and they all show the same series of programs, leading me to believe that at least the television station broadcasting to Sanity Falls has either lost their minds, or is haunted by evil poltergeists, or something. The things the TV shows are frequently more baffling, more off-putting, and more confusing than everything else that happens.

Considering Alex seems to be more than slightly broken before he enters Sanity Falls, the programming can't help.

(If you really want the television for yourself, I'm fairly sure you can get it here.)

(from the scavenging album)

This is another thing. I know, I know, they're props bought other places, I get that--but from the perspective of being Alex, and getting in these poses, and reading through his journal...well, I think at least some of the cheese on Alex's cracker fell off long ago.

(from the scavenging album)

And I think he's in mourning for Livia without ever knowing--for sure--if she's actually dead, yet.

(from the scavenging album)

Now, if you'll pardon me, I think Alex needs a little...quiet time.

More when I get to it! (And more Minecraft and more other things and those reviews I've been putting off and argh...)

No comments:

I wanna live a vibrant life, but I wanna die a boring death

This is the..."Ham Tree"...at LORE . It's a group gift. Mesmer's love of meat where meat should not be is spreading... ...