26 May, 2009

an empty glass, a topless babe, a knock on the door--

Meet Dexter.

Photobucket

I should point out, this Dexter, not this one. Just so we're clear.

He's Dexter Genesis in SL. Age fifteen, boy genius, and cursed or blessed with his equally intelligent, but far more scattered and accident-prone sister, DeeDee.

Meet DeeDee, while we're at it:

Photobucket

Her name is Deedee Calamity here, and she seems a little older than her small-screen counterpart. Also...there's been some sort of...accident in the transfer: she's...clockwork on the grid.

Now, all residents of Caledon know, there is little difference between clockwork and organic life on the grid. But--at least in her own universe--she was an organic girl, and only here is clockwork and gears.

She seems to have retained her sense of humor, which is a good thing. Me, I'm wondering how many other universes SL is going to bridge before we're done. First the WoW Gateway, which funnels traffic both directions; then the Wulfenbach contingent; now, Dexter and DeeDee.

Gosh. Who's next?

Also, advance notice (and I'll try to get a location SLUrl to tie to this): reserve May 30th if you can:

Photobucket

(Thanks go to Edward for getting me the pic; I don't know if he created it or not. Good portrait of the Clockwinder, though.)

It's insanely early (for the people on SLT), but it's a wonderful build opportunity, and a wonderful celebration of Mr. Tenk's time on the grid! Attend if you can. More information to come!

9 comments:

itsdavidvc said...

*makes a note to Frau Lowey to recruit Herr Dexter for the Consulate School and build a containment unit for the saboteur doll*

Emilly Orr said...

That may not work. DeeDee is exceptionally gifted at getting out of predicaments.

And destroying labs, but mostly getting out of predicaments.

Dale Innis said...

I just found your weblog, and thence you, from Lillie Yifu's admiring post, and I would like to know if you have any openings for infatuated worshippers at the moment? Because I think you are teh awesome.

And, at least partly as an excuse to be posting this here in particular, what WoW gateway?

Emilly Orr said...

Lillie Yifu posted about me? Gosh.

And I'm sure I can add you to the ranks of the infatuated. :)

How'ver, the WoW gateway: it's mostly a jest at the grid's expense. What I noticed was 1. lots of avatars from SL running off to play WoW, followed by 2. lots of avatars coming in and wanting to look like Night Elves.

Which immediately made me think: somewhere, there's a gateway, that allows traffic both ways. It's simple, innit?

I just haven't found it yet. :D

Edward Pearse said...

The poster is by Skusting Dagger.

The time was arrived at by trying to work something I could still be awake to DJ at yet allow the European peoples to come. So we got the Saturday Morning Cartoon idea. I need to build a steampunk Gigantor :-)

Emilly Orr said...

It's a great image, it really is. Is Mr. Tenk wearing two different shoes?

I have no guarantees I'll be up; in fact, likely, I'll be fast, fast asleep. But I wanted to ensure word got out.

Edward Pearse said...

Yes he's wearing two different shoes. He's a scruffy little elf you know.

Emilly Orr said...

This is true. Of course, he is a scruffy little elf with POWAH.

:)

Dale Innis said...

More evidence of leakage:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/vidaltripsa/3456171371/

:)

hide away, they say, 'cos we don't want your broken parts

Yeah, so...remember that thing I was recovering from? You know, last year ? Yeah. I did it again. So this is Em Faw Down Go Boom part ...