23 November, 2019

the Reds are just over yonder, boys, and we ain't gonna be here long

Hoo boy, I haven't seen something this jarring for quite some time. (And before you ask, no, she's spent far too long on the grid for this level of rookie mistake.)

I present: 2019's Worst Feet award.

bad-feet2

Yes, I know, hooker platforms are hugely popular on SL. I'm not saying that. I personally think that particular style of shoe is unflattering, and I refuse to buy any that don't have VERY impressive design features. But as you can see, that's not really the problem. The skin tone is the problem. Did no one mention to her she's not black?

Maybe she's genuinely lost on this point--I was mainly focused on her feet, not the tragedy of the dress (which isn't great) and the fact that her hair was literally larger than her entire head twice over. But then I swung around to the rear, and I realized we had a bigger problem.

bad-feet1

I am 98% sure these are vintage shoes, from that era in SL where people made shoes with prim feet in them. Why do I think this? Two reasons, and neither of them have to do with the skin tone that's so jarring. Point one: There was a certain curve to the foot, a very unnatural curve to the foot, that was only seen in really big play in the early days of sculpted feet. It can clearly be seen from the above shot; toes just don't bend like that, period.

But point two is worse: measure the feet. Her feet are the same length as her entire calves, and that's terrifying. That is cartoonish in the worst way. That is ludicrously oversized. Don't do this.

And learn how to use the skin-tinting HUD. Jesus.

No comments:

I wanna live a vibrant life, but I wanna die a boring death

This is the..."Ham Tree"...at LORE . It's a group gift. Mesmer's love of meat where meat should not be is spreading... ...