09 August, 2018

yells with my voice, tears with my hands

Well, this is someone irritating.
[11:40] exxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: If someone seens Travesty87 in the Village, he seems to have griefing tools
So, this isn't exactly a new policy, but since this is the second time using it in the past week, I will explain: griefers do not get anonymity. Griefers get named.
[11:47] Emilly Orr: This is very strange. From his bio: "I am a beginning builder and hoping to learn how to script. I am usually social in second life, but sometimes I get sick of drama and chat places." Year old, RL pic as his SL profile pic, but actually seems like he has a working brain. Why would he be a griefer?
[11:54] exxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: Misbehaved in the writers' meeting, Apparently he had a cage gun
[11:54] Emilly Orr: That's really dumb of him, then.
[11:54] exxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: Out of my range at the moment
I thought about it, and thought, based on the fact that his bio does paint him as a relatively earnest soul...I IMed him. As the conversation below will prove, this was a mistake.
[11:55] Emilly Orr: So, just a tip for future Caledon relations: you've already damaged your name. You are being termed a griefer. Caledon does not deal with griefers in any way. I don't know what happened at the writers' meeting, but if you want to do *anything* else in Caledon Oxbridge Village, you might want to never use that cage gun again.
He didn't answer for a very long time, and in the meantime, the conversation in ISC chat continued.
[11:56] exxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: I had to eject him from the meeting
[11:57] Bxxx Gxxxxxxxxx: what's a cage gun?
[11:58] Emilly Orr: Well, the elder tech was simply, rez a cage, move it over an avatar, avatar was trapped. The 'newer' variation was a gun that fired at an avatar, rezzing the cage that then trapped the avatar.
[11:59] Bxxx Gxxxxxxxxx: ah
[11:59] Bxxx Gxxxxxxxxx: but couldn't the avatar just tp away?
[11:59] Emilly Orr: Cages are still very annoying. And yes, the avatar can, now, but when they were first developed, part of why they were so frustrating is that they stuck to the avatar. Even porting away wouldn't help.
[12:00] Bxxx Gxxxxxxxxx: oh yuck
[12:02] Emilly Orr: Early days of SL, a lot of the early "self-defense" huds would be termed griefing tools now. For example, I had one that I would type someone's name into, in the same region, and it would crumple them into a small spiky ball, set them on fire, and force-log them off.
[12:02] Emilly Orr: Granted, I only *used* that when people were shooting at me, or launching cages, but it was still just as annoying.
And then Travesty wrote back.
[12:02] Travesty87: i dont give a [f*ck] what you think my reputation is
[12:02] Travesty87: i dont
[12:02] Travesty87: did i grrief there?
[12:02] Travesty87: no
[12:03] Emilly Orr: You used a cage gun at the writers' meeting. The man running that meeting ejected you from the parcel.
[12:03] Travesty87: proove it
[12:03] Travesty87: i did not
[12:03] Travesty87: thats a lie
[12:03] Travesty87: lie
[12:03] Travesty87: lie
[12:03] Travesty87: lie
[12:03] Emilly Orr: I don't have to, but I will ask.
[12:03] Travesty87: lie
I didn't bother to respond, I just went back to ISC chat.
[12:03] Emilly Orr: And my, he is an aggressive little troglodyte. He's telling me he didn't do anything wrong. I am dubious.
[12:04] lxxxxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: Holy cow.
[12:04] Emilly Orr: And, based on his language, I would definitely agree with Mr. [Sxxxxxxx]. I have banned him from my parcel just in case.
Not that he had plans to come here, but always better safe.
[12:04] Travesty87: i was going to talk to yall about mycerial killer porta potty idea
[12:04] Travesty87: but no
[12:04] Travesty87: you gonna be snops
I was done with him. He'd amply proven that Mr. S was entirely correct in terming him a griefer. I hope he's banned throughout the Caledon estates.
[12:05] exxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: Good.
Indeed.
[12:07] exxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: Insulting behavior in the meeting was bad enough.then he tried to use [Axxxxx]'s mics
[12:14] Kxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: Not very good behavior.
[12:15] Emilly Orr: Oh, that's not good at all.
Let's hope he doesn't hurt anyone else in Caledon.

No comments:

I wanna live a vibrant life, but I wanna die a boring death

This is the..."Ham Tree"...at LORE . It's a group gift. Mesmer's love of meat where meat should not be is spreading... ...