04 August, 2018

have you ever looked fear in the face and said, "I just don't care"?

Well, this one's going to be fun.
[11:15] lxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: whoever is designing these "witch" outfits. .need to realize that WE DON'T USE crosses!!!
[11:15] lxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: we aren't christian.. put a pentacle on those. thanks
[11:15] Jxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: way to go [lxxxxx]!
[11:16] Emilly Orr: I think it's gothic holdover. I've seen so many 'pagan' items that have both upright and reversed crosses, like that and being black makes it pagan.
It's been a fashion tendency for decades, honestly. It's annoying, but it's not super-irritating. I have items I bought with a 'pagan' tag that have reversed crosses, or so-called 'mystical' symbols (one of them being the Deathly Hallows circle-in-triangle, which was just far too amusing not to buy), and if they're cute enough, I'll buy them and wear them. I don't attach emotional meaning to it, I've been heathen for far too many years for it to upset me.
[11:16] Jxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: a tree a pentacle a bird anything else but NO crossed
[11:16] Peppah Spice (peppernspice): SOME of us are Christian SOME are us are Pagan .... deal with it ... and stop your drama fest in here
Meet Peppah Spice. She's non anonymized, because she's a mod in this group. As is my way, I respect moderators in any group, as long as I understand the basis of their complaint. This one, I didn't understand.
[11:16] Emilly Orr: That's not drama. That's commentary.
[11:16] Peppah Spice (peppernspice): you don't like comment to the desinger personally NOT IN HERE
[11:17] Peppah Spice (peppernspice): designer*
[11:17] Emilly Orr: No specific designer is being mentioned, or called out in any way, Peppah. I respect the moderators here, but no names are being assigned.
[11:17] Peppah Spice (peppernspice): The point it THIS is NOT the place for it take it elsewhere ... anymore *commentary* about it I will start ejections
So maybe it's just me, and I should have just let it go, shut up and moved on, but...I still didn't understand.
[11:18] Jxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: lets not get to discrimination....we are all humans...she just spoker her mind in a democratic way...
[11:18] Peppah Spice (peppernspice): Thank you [Pxxxx] :))
[11:18] Emilly Orr: Okay, no fashion commentary in the fashion group. Got it.
And then...
[11:18] Peppah Spice (peppernspice): You have been ejected from '[the group under discussion] by PepperNSpice Resident.
[11:19] Emilly Orr: I have no argument with you. Why are you throwing me out?
She didn't say anything, but she did say this in the chat group:
[11:19] Peppah Spice (peppernspice): anyone else want to be ejected today?
So I asked again, in IM to her.
[11:21] Emilly Orr: I have not closed the group chat window, so I *can* ask there, but I would prefer to respect your moderation and not do that, if you will answer me here.
And she didn't feel the need to do so. So I sent this to another moderator:
[11:31] Emilly Orr: Morning, I apologize, you don't know me, but I have a question: is there any point in asking for a banning to be reversed in the [group in question]? I don't think I did anything wrong, but if it's one shot, one kill, I'll regretfully give up.
[11:33] pxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: I do not know what you're talking about. I do not own the maitreya.
[11:34] Emilly Orr: The [group in question]. You're a moderator.
[11:34] Emilly Orr: If I need to ask someone else, I happily will do so
[11:35] pxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: I never knew that. I only have one store...
[11:35] pxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: ok, its better
I didn't know what that meant.
[11:36] Emilly Orr: Well, I wasn't asking it to be reversed. If you back Peppah's judgement, I understand. I was just asking about procedure.
[11:38] pxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: Talk to someone else. I'm in the group because I have a store and I was promoting it in this group.
[11:38] Emilly Orr: Okay.
So now, I'm wondering if all the moderators in this group are store owners. That would not bode well, as--in pulling moderator names from the group, I found two store owners I knew, one personally. But I went down the list I had, checking more carefully this time.

The first name I checked had 'just trust what you feel' on her profile. So, likely emotional as well, I passed her by. And the next eleven were all shop owners. I was beginning to despair when I found one name that didn't own a store, and who listed on her profile that all she was was a moderator for this group. So I asked her.
[11:44] Emilly Orr: [Txxx], I am deeply sorry to disturb you, but I need a point of clarification on an ejection from the [group]. Is it one ban, supported by all mods? Can it be appealed? Is there a chance of getting back in the group? Peppah won't answer me.
And minutes passed slowly by.

At two minutes to twelve, I gave it some serious thought. I could ask in the main group and risk retribution by Peppah, who was dealing with this from a very emotional level. Maybe because she's Christian and she got huffy about the discussion, I don't know. But in the end, a shred of common sense prevailed, so rather than take it up in the group, I chose to log out, and log back in, and see if I was still in the group or not.

And when I logged back in, I was out of the group, and Miss T hadn't answered, so...screw 'em, I'm not pursuing it. It is nice to be in a group that is specifically for freebies, gifts and sales for my chosen mesh body, but they're not allied with the main mesh body makers themselves, and I'm not putting up with Peppah moderating with such an emotional, careless hand on the reins. I'm moving on.

No comments:

I wanna live a vibrant life, but I wanna die a boring death

This is the..."Ham Tree"...at LORE . It's a group gift. Mesmer's love of meat where meat should not be is spreading... ...