19 August, 2018

we would sing and dance around, because we know we can't be found (part 1)

60 Linden Weekends is coming BACK! I'm so happy! Well, for some designers, it never left--Carrie's, for instance, never stopped putting up a 60 Linden Weekend item--but it's going to be so lovely having a list again.

In the meantime, there was another Sunday dance at Thorvaldshavn...wherein things were stranger than usual. I should point out I'm anonymizing everyone, because of what's said herein, but...if you know the sims mentioned, well...some of the names may be able to be parsed. I apologize for that.

And, pursuant to previous entries, titled individuals are bolded, but...sim owners aren't. But again, if you know the sims mentioned...

*sighs* This is going to be the most anonymized, least anonymous post I've put out.
[12:34] rxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: Meet [axx], aka Hundegutt, everyone
[12:34] rxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: he's one of our thralls
[12:35] Cxxx Mxx: Welcome Hundegrutt
[12:35] axxxxxxxx Axxxx: thank you Mr [Cxxx]
[12:35] Emilly Orr: Welcome, [axx].
[12:35] Emilly Orr: Or Hundegutt.
At this point I didn't know what "Hundegutt" meant.
[12:36] rxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx>: You can get drinks from the barrels for those who want them
[12:36] axxxxxxxx Axxxx: thank you for this one's warm welcome Miss Orr
[12:37] rxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: and you can join the dancing
[12:37] rxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: have some fun
[12:37] axxxxxxxx Axxxx: yes my Jarl my holy master
It was here that my heart sank. Oh, dear gods. Someone on a Norse sim was referring to someone else as their..."holy" master. I mean, look, strip all the historical recreation out of it, and that would be annoying, but on a tenth century Norse sim? Sure, there are Christian thralls, but they're not held in any high regard, and in the Norse faith, NO ONE is referred to as "holy", not even Odinn. It's just...not done.
[12:40] Cxxx Mxx: Welcome [Axxxxxx]
[12:40] axxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: Hey [Cxxx], hey all
[12:40] Emilly Orr: Heil, [Axxxxxx]
[12:40] axxxxxxxx Axxxx: welcome Mister [Cxxx]
[12:41] rxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: Heil [Axxxxxx]
[12:41] rxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: welcome
[12:41] axxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: Heil [Txxxxxxx], how are you?
[12:41] axxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: Thank you
I'm still learning some of the terminology, because, being American born and raised, I only ever partially mastered one language. I had Spanish for a while, but I let it slip, and I have a few words in Russian, Japanese, German, Latin, French and Mongolian. But nothing like fluency save for English.

"Heil" or "Heilsa" is basically "hello", I'm figuring out, among other things.
[12:41] rxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: I'm well, how about you
[12:41] axxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: all good thank you
[12:41] rxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: Everyone, [Axxxxxx] is the Jarl of Viborg
[12:41] rxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: in the country of the Rus.
[12:42] axxxxxxxx Axxxx: listens like a good hundegutt
[12:42] Emilly Orr: Welcome, then!
[12:42] Emilly Orr: And welcome, [Sxxxxxx]!
[12:42] axxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx smiles "Thank you"
[12:43] Cxxx Mxx: Welcome [Sxxxxxx]
[12:43] rxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: [Sxxxxxx] is our Shaman.. she's a healer and witch
[12:43] rxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: brought here from Africa
[12:43] Emilly Orr nods.
[12:43] axxxxxxxx Axxxx: welcome Mistress [Sxxxxxx]
[12:43] axxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: aahh gotcha, i'll keep on her good side then
[12:43] Emilly Orr: I have heard this, I believe this is the first time we have met face to face.
I do need to get in better contact with the local shamaness/Volva/soothsayer population. I feel like a piker.
[12:44] Sxxxxxx Rxxxx smiles and nods "Hello all"
[12:44] Cxxx Mxx: I'm happy to take music reqeusts, Please IM me if there's something you'd like to hear
[12:44] rxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: Dance balls above the fire, [Sxxxxxx]
[12:44] axxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: hey there
[12:44] Emilly Orr: Also, Hundegutt, I will not presume to speak for your master, but I do believe I can say you are welcome to dance, if you wish.
[12:44] Sxxxxxx Rxxxx nods "I intend to dance."
[12:45] axxxxxxxx Axxxx: thank you for inviting this hundegutt
The whole "this hundegutt" thing was starting to bug me, too. I pulled the profile and read through it. Gor. Of course there were large passages on the profile dealing with Gor. I wasn't even surprised. I did IM [rxxxx] about it, though.
[12:45] Emilly Orr: I am not going to slap [axx] and tell her to snap out of it, she'd take it as flirting. But seriously? Where do you FIND these girls??
[12:46] rxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: [axx] is a sissy who glommed onto me at a strip club
[12:46] rxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: I don't do anything sexual with him..
[12:46] Emilly Orr: So you dragged her home, of course. :)
[12:46] rxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: but he's so subby i
[12:47] rxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: He's decided I'm his Master
I'm not new at the whole D/s, BDSM scene, in any world, but this surprised me. Submissives can do that? As in, that's ridiculous, of course they can't, what the hell?
[12:47] Emilly Orr: Okay, I admit, the pronouns are confusing. Looks (sort of) like a bish boi, but the profile says 'her'
[12:47] Emilly Orr: Well, gosh.
[12:47] rxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: He/she is a sissy boi
Problem is, we are who we say we are in SL. And her profile states female. And--had [axx]'s avatar not been topless--and later, after this, referred to himself as a boy--I would have easily said the avatar was female, too. The face is very femme.

I was very confused.
[12:47] axxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx grins "I believe someone has spiked my mead, I did not know I had such a talent for dance"
[12:48] Emilly Orr: I don't think it's spiked, I think that's just how it's made, here.
[12:48] axxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx chuckles "Good mead then"
[12:48] rxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx laughs
[12:48] Emilly Orr giggles
Meanwhile, in IMs...
[12:48] rxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: and he revels in being publicly humiliation
[12:48] Emilly Orr nods.
[12:48] Emilly Orr: Which is again, why I'm not just going to lash out. He'd like it too much.
[12:48] rxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: Exactly
So...'submissive slut that needs to be used and even abused", that's a quote from [axx]'s profile. She's been "a slave in the public city kennel", "a little mouse of a girl", "just a piece of white meat"...these are all direct quotes. Started in Gor and just kept seeking the lowest point from there.
[12:49] Emilly Orr glances over her shoulder
[12:49] Emilly Orr: Sheep!
[12:49] KA Bouncing Sheep Tip Jar: ŢĥɑʼnĶ ŶδŲ Ŧδɍ ţɦȼ ℒiʼnɗȼʼn ℒℴѵℯ Emilly Orr , îţ îş ℳücĥ Ѧρρяєcîɑţєɗ, ℳÜ∀Ħ ҳღҳღ ;)
[12:49] Emilly Orr: I was wondering when the sheep would wander by
So, the DJ's tip jar is a happily bouncing sheep. I kid you not. It looks exactly like one of the sheep from Wallace and Gromit:



That's not a pic of the tip jar sheep in question, that's just a pic of what it looks like.
[12:49] Sxxxxxx Rxxxx seems a little puzzled, how could it be mead if it were not alcoholic?
And back to IMs.
[12:49] rxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: He/she's a good kid though and he's loyal
[12:49] rxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: I named him hundegutt, dog boy
So...that's what it means.
[12:49] Emilly Orr: I bet he loves that.
[12:49] rxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: He does.. he worships me.. makes me very uncomfortable.
[12:50] Emilly Orr: I imagine it would. I had the idea you're fairly hetero.
[12:50] rxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: I'm absolutely hetero
Which makes all of this deeply puzzling.
[12:50] rxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: It had better be alcoholic
[12:50] rxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: it was ferment and aged for weeks
[12:50] Emilly Orr: If it's not alcoholic...
[12:50] Emilly Orr ponders
[12:50] axxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx tilts his head to the side a little "who has non alcoholic mead?, they should be struck down by Thor"
Really. Meanwhile, back in IMs...
[12:51] rxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: I've told him, I have no sexual interest in you
[12:51] Emilly Orr: Strange that he's so persistent.
[12:52] rxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: I don't get it either
[12:52] rxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: any other queer would run off
[12:52] Emilly Orr: I'd think so.
No, I'm not going to give him grief for that. First, he lives (RL) in a very conservative area. Second, 'queer' in a ton of ways does seem to cover [axx]. Third, I've been known, as a card-carrying member of the LGBT community, 'queer' as a descriptive, both of myself and others. So I'm letting that go.
[12:52] Cxxx Mxx: If it didn't become alcoholic, that would probably mean it just rotted.
[12:52] rxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx nods
I was pondering the mystery of [axx] still.
[12:52] Emilly Orr: Strong-willed under all that subby quailing.
[12:53] rxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx nods
[12:53] rxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: He tries to dom me in his requests
[12:53] rxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: I don't let him get away with it
[12:54] rxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: I'm too kind, Em.
[12:54] rxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: I bring stray dogs and cats home
[12:54] Emilly Orr smiles.
[12:54] Emilly Orr: You are trying to grow the sim, and you're a perv, and neither's a bad thing. He's just puzzling.
[12:55] rxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: LOL
[12:55] rxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: you got it
What is one to do when someone insists you're the perfect everything? I'm not sure I'd make his choices, but hey, we'll see how it goes.
(We'll move the rest of the dance chat to a second entry, this is getting long.)

No comments:

I wanna live a vibrant life, but I wanna die a boring death

This is the..."Ham Tree"...at LORE . It's a group gift. Mesmer's love of meat where meat should not be is spreading... ...