18 June, 2018

have you ever thrown a fistful of glitter in the air?

So, a bit from RL. No one panic; this won't happen that often.

The last Community Day for Pokemon Go happened on June 16th, but that was a very busy day, and the two following were no less busy, so I'm only getting to it now. I wanted to upload a few images, though.

When Pokemon Go launched, I had zero interest. I admit it. It didn't hook me. In fact, the iPod I had at the time couldn't even download the mobile program to run it, so why bother? I still don't know what changed, but about a month ago, the loves got me into it, and I fell hard.

The first Community Day I was part of was for Charizard, and I didn't understand all of the rules yet. I'm still surprised I managed to evolve two, one Shiny (which turned dark when fully evolved), and one normal. I did okay, basically, but I could have done better.

Two days ago, Niantic launched Larvitar for the Community Day festivities. This was the first one I caught:



I caught a few other things, and then my second roundboi, a Spheal:



and finally caught a wailmer:



We were sitting in a local park for this. (The iPod GPS is strange in that, generally, I can sit in one place while my Pokemon avatar runs around like a madwoman, so I get to hit all the PokeStops, and, occasionally, the gym. Others had to walk the park, back and forth, looking for the same things I got from sitting in one place. Yeah, it's kind of cheesy, but it's not a cheat--it's just the GPS interface for Apple products is fairly crap.)

This is the park:



And this is the tree we spent the three hours of the Community Day under:



It's a very pretty tree, and it only dropped one spider on me, and I can't really blame the tree for that. And the spider was pretty understanding about being relocated.

She was pretty. She was pale peach. Sadly, I have no picture of her.

Anyway, it was pretty fun. I ended up with (in addition to the other random Pokemon I caught) two pretty impressive Tyranitars, one fairly decent shiny Tyranitar, and one shiny Pupitar. Neat.

And...that's it, I just wanted a blog commemoration.

Oh, yeah, and this...



Yeah, okay. That's it.

No comments:

I've got a three day headache and it's all in my head

It's the 30th of March. One day before Ostara. And there's been a lot of...well. Conversations like the one below. [18:43] Emil...