01 July, 2009

heaven help me, I didn't see

Remember This Way to the Egress?

I wrote Vernian Process earlier, begging for more info:

Joooooosh....this is insane-making, they're on your label, even! I need more information on This Way to the Egress! I think I'm going to try to poke Taylor as well, but this is just driving me crazy. I spent six hours on the blog yesterday trying to find out *anything* on the band, and...nothing! There's nearly a *negative web presence* here! Criminal, that is, they NEED more press, or...something! Anything! Help??

And he came back with his version of a great shrug:

Yeah I know. I'm not sure what they are planning as far as press, and web presence. But they have a myspace profile. That's all I've seen too.

So I finally sighed, after more digging, and wrote Taylor Galassi. This was his reply:

Well we've only been together since last october. As of now we are concentrating on recording new songs and booking more shows.

He included a news blurb from somewhere:

You can see Taylor galassi performing alot with yula beeri previously of world inferno. and they will be starting a mini tour in july.

This way to the egress is now booking a tour for nov. They wil be touring with corrina [melanie] ortiz from boston.


(I had to make one correction, it changed the search parameters; everything else is as he wrote it.) Then he continued:

We haven't made any videos yet but they are def in our future.
I hope that helps! Let me know if theres anything else we can help out with!


I guess that's what we've got.

So, what I'd say at this point is, watch their MySpace for news; if you're in the Pennsylvania/Boston area, and can make shows, make them; buy their songs if they enable that option; and if any of you is a record producer/manager/agent in the area, consider emailing them and offering your services?

Of course it's a niche market, I doubt if any purely steam band is going to go huge and book into arenas; but being able to make rent and still tour and record is no slouch, either. And I'd like to see them at least do that!

2 comments:

Jami said...

what do you want to know? i used to be in the band...

Emilly Orr said...

ARGH!

Man, I knew this had gotten lost in the shuffle, but obviously no idea HOW lost. I don't even know if This Way to the Egress is still together...

I'll try to track you down, and do another search. I am really, REALLY sorry I never got back to you!

hide away, they say, 'cos we don't want your broken parts

Yeah, so...remember that thing I was recovering from? You know, last year ? Yeah. I did it again. So this is Em Faw Down Go Boom part ...