05 July, 2009

my walls are getting wider and my eyes are drawn astray

Some fashion--or fearful fashion--notes.

The world's second scariest pants reside in Mocha. The tragedy is, there's also a lot of really cool funky stuph that you're going to want to take home.

Photobucket

Guess it's a trade-off.

In other news, I have a new project.

Photobucket

This was the Hair Fair 'gift' from Miss Kimmie Mosten, the designer behind Head Mistress hair.

I...really have no words. I just...I can't...

Wait, no, I can. Was this a demo she forgot to set a head prim on? Was she intending to go through and color it all one color? Like, rez out this copy, rez out three more hairs in the same style, and color-pick until those three are done?

Photobucket

Save, that doesn't make sense either, because then why give it out in this motley array? Hells, why even color it three different colors in the first place??

Plus?

It's sculpted.

Photobucket

Good gods, everything I hate about hair, all in the same place! Yippie!

I have decided something, though. Rather than vilify the piebald hair, I shall attempt to redeem it. It may take some time, but I will find a texture this demi-bandana, gypsy-but-not-really, hair will go with.

Because I just can't discard something that looks so much like it's mostly not made of hair...

I'll keep you posted.

2 comments:

Christine McAllister Pearse said...

The scarey thing is, I know people in RL who have hair that looks pretty much exactly like that....you'd swear they were sired by a calico cat! ;-)

Emilly Orr said...

Well, and the amusing thing is--though it's MUCH more integrated!--I've had what I call piebald hair for years. It's naturally brown, and is brown from a distance, but started out copper-penny red, and once into adulthood, pretty much became the melange it is now, of brown, dark brown, black, red, rust, blonde, russet, ash, and silver...though to be absolutely fair, the silver keeps leaving.

Honestly, I'm the only person I know who keeps losing grey hair, it's upsetting.

hide away, they say, 'cos we don't want your broken parts

Yeah, so...remember that thing I was recovering from? You know, last year ? Yeah. I did it again. So this is Em Faw Down Go Boom part ...