06 July, 2009

and so you drink to all the emptiness until you wake up, and there's hell to pay again

[Zone] [Oneshotkill]: Where a save here, so I can come back later
[Zone] [Fraudir]: Jump off a bridge. It works.


There are times that Runes of Magic is just a lovely, lovely place.

So we're preparing to go on the Crimson Shadow mini-flag hunt--which may or may not exist anyway. And there's a woman hanging in midair with the improbable name of uhaftaletrosewin Bayn. (Sound it out.)

Photobucket

When I walked in to check the Lucky Chair, it was on U. She was a U. Ten minutes went by. I finally messaged her.

She was in Busy mode. Of course.

[0:56] Emilly Orr: What's really killing me is the U that's just hanging out in midair over there
[0:57] Acisse Nightfire: lol its been u 38 times since ive been here since 5pm
[0:57] Emilly Orr: Great
[0:57] Emilly Orr: Has she been here all that time?
[0:57] Acisse Nightfire: um at leats 4 hrs
[0:57] Emilly Orr: Insanity
[0:57] Acisse Nightfire: dosnt listen though


Go figure. Why in the hell come to a place just to hang in midair for four hours? That makes no earthly sense.

On the other hand, sometimes it's good just to quietly take pictures.

Photobucket

We were at VenDom in Vengeance, which is known for their spiky BattleQueen gear. Then we realized they had dancers downstairs.

Photobucket

Valis Silverfall is the dancer in these two pics. She never said a word, neither did her companion. Suppose when you're wearing that many spikes, and it looks like it's going to take a bolt cutter and heavy-duty lockpicking skills just to get anywhere, you don't have to speak to the common rabble.

Photobucket

This, on the other hand, is Venda Ghost, and it was rather odd to see her and her companion moving in what was essentially synchronized writhing on blood-pools. Strange little shop.

Photobucket

She's in the "Demonic Seductress" outfit, by the way, and Valis Silverfall is wearing the "Sub Demonic" set. They retail for wau-that's-a-lot-of-Lindens.

Still, I admit I'm somewhat tempted. Not specifically for these two--though the Sub Demonic has fun touches--but for some of their others, even though they're perpetually way too expensive for me.

Other news. A friend of mine--I don't want to say "former", per se, but--well, let her say it in her own words:

[23:05] Tria Guardian: *hugs* It's Tria, doll. My old account, Tria Tripsa, was hacked. =(
[23:08] Emilly Orr: Good gods, what happened?
[23:12] Tria Guardian: I dunno. Someone hacked my account, changed the email and password and all, and now I have to start from scratch. LL has done NOTHING
[23:15] Emilly Orr: I was going to ask if you'd reported it.
[23:15] Emilly Orr: Does the Tria Tripsa account still exist?
[23:15] Tria Guardian: Yes
[23:17] Tria Guardian: I left SL alone for a while cause LL did nothing, but I missed my friends (You, Neome, Fawkes, etc) so I made a new account.
[23:19] Emilly Orr: Oh, I get that, it's just frustrating that LL isn't helping at all.
[23:22] Tria Guardian: I'm starting from scratch now. All my $L and my items gone, so this is a bit frustrating.
[23:25] Tria Guardian: Tria Tripsa was a free account, but I had over $200 invested in her (pre-paid debit cards buying $L, and that doesn't include the $L I bought and spent on friends) and I
[23:26] Tria Guardian: er, and I am pissed cause I had a lot of "exclusive" and limited items


Here's what I want to know: why haven't the Lindens helped? This is Second Life, the Lindens always help when passwords are reported hacked--don't they? And according to Tria, it's been two montbs. So why haven't they helped?

Next time she's in, I plan on asking the questions I can, but I'm more curious about Linden answers, frankly.

10 comments:

Edward Pearse said...

I thought they only helped out paid accounts. From what has been said by several friends with free accounts they've only had help because a paid friend phoned on their behalf.

Emilly Orr said...

Ah. This used to not be the case.

Dale Innis said...

Poor wowihaveaverylongname there might have been a zombie; here's one of the funnier, erh I mean sadder, recent zombie stories I've seen:

http://forcemesilverspar.blogspot.com/2009/07/billboard-bouncing.html

Sphynx Soleil said...

They retail for wau-that's-a-lot-of-Lindens.

*laughs a LOT at that comment*

And yea, I'll second the they-only-answer-paid-accounts comment. See, back when they got rid of livehelp (bastiges...) they introduced tiered level of services.

And free accounts - as far as i know - can only use the knowledgebase/limited trouble ticket form.

Which....requires a login.

Emilly Orr said...

Dale: And, see, I'd buy that--and that was a funny mention in the blog--save for the (Busy) notation.

People floating as ghosts, people blocked from relogging because they've gotten caught by the sim? Don't have the (Busy) notation. (Busy) or (Away) notations? Means they're there.

For some reason.

Emilly Orr said...

And Sphynx: well, hell, so much for telling people the Sekrit Linden-Contacting Path, 'cos if they're not paid, it won't help.

Pffff. Glad I haven't had any issues since they made the change. :(

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I have a free account (though I've spent a fair amount on the LindeX over the years), and I submitted a trouble ticket pertaining to this issue on Friday morning. It's now Tuesday afternoon, and it has yet to be opened...

Emilly Orr said...

That's insanely baffling. Why would they not have an Adult category listing on the web site, long after they popped up Zindra?

That's...I'm not sure if "stupid" or "short-sighted" is the better word, here...but it's one of those.

Sphynx Soleil said...

Happened to see this today, fortuitously I think.

The "Sekrit Linden-Contacting Path" may work IF the user has an established friendship or some sort of working relationship with the linden in question. Otherwise...yea, probably not, which sucks.

Emilly Orr said...

Considering the 'Sekrit Linden-Contacting Path' is on that notecard you sent me, there aren't actually Lindens involved. :)

hide away, they say, 'cos we don't want your broken parts

Yeah, so...remember that thing I was recovering from? You know, last year ? Yeah. I did it again. So this is Em Faw Down Go Boom part ...