15 December, 2018

what is lost, what is lost may not ever be found

This was...not a good day. RL leapt up and attacked with a minor vengeance, which has forced me to evaluate a lot of things, give up a lot of things, and the first was the Caledon parcel.



So...this was the end of life in Caledon. Again. I'm moving the 'set' home, as far as the browser's concerned, to Nythorvaldshavn, a Viking roleplay sim, with backup 'home' with Matthias and his lady wife, but...it hurts. It hurts a great deal. I like having my own parcel, to put out my own things and know I'm living with my choices, good or bad. And it hurts that after more than a year of feeling like I was able to afford my own parcel, that I was able to support Caledon, of being no longer able--again--to do so.

I'd be lying if I said that tears have not been shed over this decision. But decision it had to be, and it had to be made, and today is better than waiting later into the holiday season.

Gearhaven is gone, I have no idea if it's ever coming back. Armada left very long ago. I'm still in both groups, yes, but...I hold no hopes out that Duke Shatner will return. I have no idea if the Steelhead parcel is still in my name; I've sent notecards, I've not heard anything back. I fear that it's just slipped the sim owner's mind, and I'm amassing a great fortune in rent that I have no idea how to pay down. But today is not the day I can stand to deal with that, that would...that would most definitely be too much.

Instead, I cut the debt I can, in SL, and let some things slide for now that I know I'll be dunned for soon, and do the best I can with the sudden RL issues, and...continue life as I know it. It's just uncomfortable now, but I have faith things will even out...eventually.

2 comments:

Hiro Shatner, First of his Name said...

Be well, Lady Orr. The Commonwealth of Caledon and all the Steamlands are little less magical and much less civilized by your departure. T

Hiro Shatner, Archduke of the Neko Republic, Duke of Gearhaven, Lord-Protector of Armada.

Emilly Orr said...

Thank you, Archduke. Though I think the same might be said for you, and as ever, I look for signs of your return. In the meantime, I am hoping to once again be able to move back to Caledon, should fortunes change. Des certainly would welcome me back, which is something I am humbly and eternally grateful for.

I wanna live a vibrant life, but I wanna die a boring death

This is the..."Ham Tree"...at LORE . It's a group gift. Mesmer's love of meat where meat should not be is spreading... ...