04 December, 2018

The battle of the wills you live

Today's chat is brought to you by...inventory sorting?
[09:46] Kxxxxxxx Pxxxxxxx: So. Does anyone have any "quick and easy" inventory sorting tricks? I'm working on a tutorial, and know I'm probably missing something. (You will, of course, be credited.)
[09:47] Vxxxxx Kxxxx: you never took Rowan's inventory class?
[09:47] oxxxx Rxxxxxxx: delete all
[09:47] Emilly Orr: Effective, but kind of scorched-earth.
[09:48] jxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: I do it in stages myself
[09:48] Ixxxxx Sxxxx: [Kxxxxxxx] i'm afraid it will never be quick and easy :)
[09:48] Rxxxxxxxx Rxxxx: throw away all Thank you notes, all pose pads but one, all double LM, all layers you do not use
[09:48] Jxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: Honestly I straight up used the inv filter for a certain date, like more than 4 years old, and literally deleted all of a certain type. Got rid of a ton and haven't missed anything
[09:49] Ixxxxx Sxxxx: Jess me as well, folder per folder when i feel like it (and as [Rxxx] says, no lm's no notecards)
[09:49] Axxxxx Lxxxxxxxx: throw away nearly all LMs. Store locations change and most are no longer valid anyway
This is a tip I keep forgetting about, and I really should start to employ again. Keep landmarks for places I go to often, places I want to remember the business name for, homes of friends, and...ditch EVERYTHING else. Treat landmarks like I treat unpacker scripts--once you have one, ditch all the others.
[09:49] jxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: unbox everything from my objects folder and received.first
[09:50] jxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: then move to the general inventory area where I sort them into general folders and unbox any that were sent to that area boxed.
[09:50] Kxxxxxxx Pxxxxxxx:
[09:50] Sxxxxx Fxxxxxxx: Make sure to delete all demos.
[09:50] jxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: I also keep the boxes of things and delete the sizes I do not use.
[09:50] Kxxxxxxx Pxxxxxxx: You all rock, thank you
[09:51] Vxxxxx Kxxxx: what happens to the working demos?
[09:51] jxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: then when got everything into general folders I sort into subfolders. and sometimes even the subfolders have subfolders.
[09:51] Sxxxxx Fxxxxxxx: Working demos? Either I buy it or I don't like it. It still gets deleted.
[09:52] jxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: I need to get all the lms up into the lm folder and delete the old and duplicate ones.
[09:53] Kxxxxxxx Pxxxxxxx: Oh, it won't ever be "quick and easy." xD I'm also doing the "in depth" tutorial, but having a "quick tricks" to just do a little at a time
[09:54] Hxxxxx Pxxx: But what if you decide to change bodies?
[09:54] jxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: yeah what I was saying about I might spend 10 minutes here 10 minutes there working on it until it adds up.
[09:55] Vxxxxx Kxxxx: people try to do it hours on hours and get burned out quickly
[09:55] Sxxxxx Fxxxxxxx: Also, I make a habit of every year (or so) I go into inventory under filter: Custom, at the bottom, I put "older than" 730 days. If I can't remember the last time I wore it or can't think of a time I would wear it again, I delete it.
[09:55] jxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: depends on two factors. do I have a box of the item to unbox for other sizes? if so delete that item and maybe get the other size. if not and it doesn't have the new size throw it in my backup folder.
[09:55] Vxxxxx Kxxxx: just like a school hour take those breaks
[09:56] jxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: indeed breaks are needed.
And then I had to leave, but there are some good tips here, some I may even employ for my eternal quest for an organized inventory.

No comments:

I've got a three day headache and it's all in my head

It's the 30th of March. One day before Ostara. And there's been a lot of...well. Conversations like the one below. [18:43] Emil...