18 December, 2018

come on, it's lovely weather for a sleigh ride together with you

A social friend decided I needed to go on a sleigh ride. The first place he found, their sleigh was broken, but the one on North Pole's sim was active, so off we went.



It was a crisp, beautiful winter day, and amusingly enough, sitting in the sleigh delivered me a (full perm, of all things!) blanket that arrived pre-tucked around my legs, and a cup of hot cocoa to imbibe as we moved through the well-worn tracks.



Some of the visuals along the track were very realistic--drifting snow, winter trees, expected winter scenery--and some were fantastical and surreal, like this tunnel made of ice, followed by a grouping of crystalline, brightly-colored deer forms.



Some of the visuals were also very quaint, and traditional in that sense--like this village made of peppermint candy and canes.



The one major moment of copyright violation I noticed, and while it is undeniable, it also fits in very well, so could it simply count as homage? A portion of the ride travels alongside the North Pole Express.



A lovely trip through a wooden covered bridge, painted very traditionally brick red.



Pulling into the end village, where there is a small, open chalet with a fireplace and more cocoa to warm up.



And this is near where the ride stopped, and believe me, I didn't cover even a third of everything a visitor will see along the ride. (The 'stores in SL' tag is also on this entry because, in addition to the small open chalet, visitors will find several small shops in the village to purchase various holiday decorations and trees.)

This comes highly recommended. I was thoroughly charmed, and I may well visit again.

No comments:

hide away, they say, 'cos we don't want your broken parts

Yeah, so...remember that thing I was recovering from? You know, last year ? Yeah. I did it again. So this is Em Faw Down Go Boom part ...